Do professors usually respond to letter of evaluation reminder emails?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentdoctor08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If they don't respond to a reminder email about a LOE is that normal? Do professors usually respond to these emails or are you supposed to assume that they see it and will write a letter accordingly?

Members don't see this ad.

Quite impossible to answer really. It's going to depend on the professor, their mood, their availability, etc.

I think it's more effective to talk to them in person. My reminder emails always get ignored; it much harder to get ignored if you're in his/her office.

Members don't see this ad :)
OP- I wouldn't take it personally. The inboxes of professors are inundated with a never-ending barrage of emails. My boss gets somewhere between 100-200 emails PER DAY. I often have to send emails twice just to make sure it is near the top at a certain time of the day. When that doesn't work, I either have to call her directly or run over to clinic and sit in her chair :laugh:

The best way to get your message delivered is by speaking with them in person. Do what you need to do, but don't be a nuisance. Your email has probably been swamped by many many other emails.

yes, no reply to an email probably means they are busy and "plan" on responding soon. If you are able to go to their office during office hours (unannounced!) that will usually get things moving along. That worked for me! lol

Keep giving friendly reminders like once every two weeks. Professors are busy and sometimes they forget.