Do retail pharmacies sponsor H1B visa for Pharm D graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desi.pharmacist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an international student currently pursuing Pharm.D in USA. I currently work as an intern in the retail pharmacy I want to know after graduation what my opportunities will be, regarding if the company I am working with will be sponsoring me a H1B visa or not.

please let me know if anyone know any information,

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Seeing as you didn't provide more information other than you're working in retail, your best best would be to ask them. If you're in a saturated place like FL, chances are they won't.

Not anymore at least not the big chains and groceries. I was one 8 yrs ago... They stop taking in/issuing new H1B visas long time ago. They only do renewals (extension) nowadays. Good luck, your best bet will be independents.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an international student currently pursuing Pharm.D in USA. I currently work as an intern in the retail pharmacy I want to know after graduation what my opportunities will be, regarding if the company I am working with will be sponsoring me a H1B visa or not.

please let me know if anyone know any information,

Thank you.
CVS does. I ran into some Indians on visas working the Yuma, AZ location about 2 years ago.

Yuma is one of the hottest places on earth. Hotter than Phoenix......imagine that. If you can handle 120 degree weather, go for it!

P.S. best thing about Yuma...it's about 2 hours away from San Diego

I've seen it occasionally. Usually in rural, undesirable locations where they can't get other applicants.

Pretty much no, there is no longer a pharmacist shortage, so there is no financial reason for retail (or hospital or any other pharmacy setting) to sponsor an HB1 worker. As far as I'm aware, this is pretty much policy wide everywhere. You can search the threads here, we've had some threads from recent grads who were hoping to get an HB1 job and they couldn't find any.

Places along the Colorado River are known to staff H1Bs, even new grads. This includes Yuma, Parker, LHC, Bullhead, and Kingman (ok not so proximal).

Reactions: 1 user