DO Schools and Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cjfarrell21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm more curious than anything, but does anyone know if DO schools give merit based scholarships? I read all the time on this forum about people getting partial, or full COE scholarships to allopathic schools, but never anything about the osteo schools.
I'm sure each school has their specific awards, but in general do they give them?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm more curious than anything, but does anyone know if DO schools give merit based scholarships? I read all the time on this forum about people getting partial, or full COE scholarships to allopathic schools, but never anything about the osteo schools.
I'm sure each school has their specific awards, but in general do they give them?
Been curious of this myself. I am under the impression that it is a no, or if they do, that it is so ridiculously small that it is a drop in the bucket.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some of the public ones do.

I can't speak for all schools, but I had >3.6 GPA and >30 MCAT and received no mention of merit scholarships at the schools I was accepted at. They were all private, however.

Hmmmm interesting... So pretty much if you want a merit based scholarship from a DO school you need really solid numbers. Plus if state schools are giving merit based scholarships, and it's to an OOS student, it probably is to deter the cost of OOS tuition.

Reactions: 1 users