do senior year grades matter if you have already applied?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

srprp

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do senior year grades matter if you have already applied/interviewed? do you need to send your grades?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't matter as long as you pass. The last 2-3 rotations of senior year were vacation time for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't matter as long as you pass. The last 2-3 rotations of senior year were vacation time for me.
While true.... This assumes you get in your first cycle.

If you don't, then your senior grades definitely matter for future application years.

Reactions: 10 users
While true.... This assumes you get in your first cycle.

If you don't, then your senior grades definitely matter for future application years.
As a US student who did not fail any classes/rotations and passed my boards on first attempt with no red flags, IM doors were wide open to me.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
As a US student who did not fail any classes/rotations and passed my boards on first attempts with no red flags, IM doors were wide open to me.
This is pre-allo. :)

Do senior year grades matter if you have already applied/interviewed? do you need to send your grades?
You will need to send in your final transcript as part of the matriculation process; however, grades during the application cycle will typically not be held to the same scrutiny as long as you don't majorly screw up. Still, doing well during your application year has two major benefits: it provides for meaningful updates during the application cycle, and prevents having a downward trend should your first attempt be unsuccessful. So don't let up until you have an acceptance in hand (and even then, don't let up too much). Just my thoughts.

Reactions: 6 users
I agree with everything Moko said, but also remember that until you are in and have accepted, you don't know if this year's grades will be needed for a WL or a reapplication.

Reactions: 3 users
Furthermore every acceptance is conditional. I wouldn't blow your last semester, but until you matriculate, your offer can still be rescinded upon discovery of any new information that could appropriately jeopardize your acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
“It ain’t over until it’s over.”

I would assume that everything you do is always being assessed at some point in your life, especially if you choose to be professional and public in any way. Just do your best with your senior year & send your final transcripts on time. That way… you can own what you did & the rest will be what it will be.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it ok if I pass/fail a class? it's really hard and the prof is awful...otherwise i would get a low B and i have a 4.0 right now

Personally, I don't recommend pass/failing a class unless you're going to get below a B, especially if you have a 4.0.

That said, if it would reduce your stress and anxiety and let you focus on other things that might be more beneficial to your application and it isn't in a required pre-req class, it might be worth it for you.

Reactions: 1 user