DO--Starting to Worry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sdsu1990

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I wanted to run by my situation and see what some of you think. My cGPA is 3.79 and sGPA is 3.74. My MCAT is a 26 (PS: 10 VR: 7 BS:9). I like to think that I have some strong ECs, research experience, and work as a medical scribe. I'm applying primarily to DO schools and I am complete at 14 schools.

I have received one interview, but I was hoping to hear back from quite a few more schools by now.

I'm seeing a lot of people getting interviews and some schools booked through November for interviews already. I know that my MCAT is a little low for some DO schools with averages of 28, maybe I have just had my hopes set too high.

Can anybody give me some advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everybody,

I wanted to run by my situation and see what some of you think. My cGPA is 3.79 and sGPA is 3.74. My MCAT is a 26 (PS: 10 VR: 7 BS:9). I like to think that I have some strong ECs, research experience, and work as a medical scribe. I'm applying primarily to DO schools and I am complete at 14 schools.

I have received one interview, but I was hoping to hear back from quite a few more schools by now.

I'm seeing a lot of people getting interviews and some schools booked through November for interviews already. I know that my MCAT is a little low for some DO schools with averages of 28, maybe I have just had my hopes set too high.

When were you complete? Your stats are fine for DO, and I will be surprised if you don't end up with 5+ interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a long cycle, and patience is a virtue

Hey everybody,

When were you complete? Your stats are fine for DO, and I will be surprised if you don't end up with 5+ interviews.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

About half of the schools I was complete first week of August and the others just in the past week or two. Thanks for the advice. I will try to be more patient.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

About half of the schools I was complete first week of August and the others just in the past week or two. Thanks for the advice. I will try to be more patient.

Don't worry too much I completed my secondaries around the same time you did last year. I didn't get my first interview until mid-November (I had lower stats than you), my second in February, and my last interview offer in March (I declined my last one). I know its hard not to check your mail or your phone every five minutes but its going to be a long cycle if you do (believe me I know). Good luck!

Don't worry too much I completed my secondaries around the same time you did last year. I didn't get my first interview until mid-November (I had lower stats than you), my second in February, and my last interview offer in March (I declined my last one). I know its hard not to check your mail or your phone every five minutes but its going to be a long cycle if you do (believe me I know). Good luck!

Thank you so much for the great advice, I really appreciate it.