DO suggestions, 510 MCAT, 3.43 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, Canadian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kenken

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I've been trying to make a list of DO schools to apply to in the US. I am a Canadian citizen, 22 yr old, South Asian origin. No luck yet.

MCAT: 510, 127 (PCS), 125 (CARS), 130 (BS), 128 (Psych and Soc) Planning on retaking in July
cGPA: 3.43 after 4 yrs from University of Toronto, downward trend
sGPA: 3.5

Extracurriculars: Intramural Men's volleyball for all 4 yrs with MVP award in first 2 years. Intercampus Cricket intramurals winner. Facilitated study group leader at school for 1 term.
Medical related: 150 + hours of volunteering in ER of hospital. 300+ hours of volunteering as a medical first responder with campus response team. Planning on shadowing family physician soon but 0 shadowing hours as of now.
Other: 1 yr research position for the upcoming academic year. 1 yr biology internship in a hospital setting in the upcoming academic year.

Any ideas for DO schools that would be a good fit for me? Unfortunately, I have no friends/acquaintances who went into a DO program so I have no idea which schools would be a good fit for me. Feel free to make any comments/suggestions and/or give me helpful info about DO schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
I've been trying to make a list of DO schools to apply to in the US. I am a Canadian citizen, 22 yr old, South Asian origin. No luck yet.

MCAT: 510, 127 (PCS), 125 (CARS), 130 (BS), 128 (Psych and Soc) Planning on retaking in July
cGPA: 3.43 after 4 yrs from University of Toronto, downward trend
sGPA: 3.5

Extracurriculars: Intramural Men's volleyball for all 4 yrs with MVP award in first 2 years. Intercampus Cricket intramurals winner. Facilitated study group leader at school for 1 term.
Medical related: 150 + hours of volunteering in ER of hospital. 300+ hours of volunteering as a medical first responder with campus response team. Planning on shadowing family physician soon but 0 shadowing hours as of now.
Other: 1 yr research position for the upcoming academic year. 1 yr biology internship in a hospital setting in the upcoming academic year.

Any ideas for DO schools that would be a good fit for me? Unfortunately, I have no friends/acquaintances who went into a DO program so I have no idea which schools would be a good fit for me. Feel free to make any comments/suggestions and/or give me helpful info about DO schools.
hey! I came across your profile on SDN and I was just wondering if you ended up getting into a US DO or MD? I have very similar stats as you and also attend UOFT and will be applying this year. Your help would be greatly appreciated!