Do they verify your shadowing experience...(m)

Started by 2bdntist2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2bdntist2

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean do they check and verify your hours? When I enter my Dental experience on the app. I'll check shadowing of course but No where does it ask for a phone number, address or anything like that. It just asks for a supervisor's name. How do they check that stuff or do they?

2bdntist2
 
Some schools like Tufts ask for a letter from the dentist you shadowed while others don't ask for anything. Personally I would recommend having the dentist you shadowed right you a letter of rec.
 
I submitted a LOR from the dentist I shadowed. Just left her with a form and stamped envelope, asked her to ensure that the # of hours was included in the letter, checked back in a week to make sure she had sent it in (and checked my school's career office to make sure they had received it), then mailed her a TY card.
 
trust me....most adcom's are aware that 99% of the students embellish the amount of hours they shadowed......so if you think just because you actually shadowed 300+ hours, you think you're cool, guess again....because everyone puts that down whether its true or not.