Do they verify your shadowing experience...(m)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2bdntist2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I mean do they check and verify your hours? When I enter my Dental experience on the app. I'll check shadowing of course but No where does it ask for a phone number, address or anything like that. It just asks for a supervisor's name. How do they check that stuff or do they?

2bdntist2

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools like Tufts ask for a letter from the dentist you shadowed while others don't ask for anything. Personally I would recommend having the dentist you shadowed right you a letter of rec.

I submitted a LOR from the dentist I shadowed. Just left her with a form and stamped envelope, asked her to ensure that the # of hours was included in the letter, checked back in a week to make sure she had sent it in (and checked my school's career office to make sure they had received it), then mailed her a TY card.

trust me....most adcom's are aware that 99% of the students embellish the amount of hours they shadowed......so if you think just because you actually shadowed 300+ hours, you think you're cool, guess again....because everyone puts that down whether its true or not.