Do Vet schools care about the writing section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aubm713

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel decent in quantitative and verbal but I'm taking the test in less than a week and don't want to spend time on the writing if it's not that important.

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school. I heard that most schools don’t care about the writing section so didn’t practice writing within the 30 minute time limit (I really like and have won a prize for writing essays, but I’m slow), then I found out the school I was applying to (AVC) gives equal consideration to each section :smack:. Don’t be like me; check for the schools you’re applying to first!

It depends on the school. I heard that most schools don’t care about the writing section so didn’t practice writing within the 30 minute time limit (I really like and have won a prize for writing essays, but I’m slow), then I found out the school I was applying to (AVC) gives equal consideration to each section :smack:. Don’t be like me; check for the schools you’re applying to first!
Where would I find that info on websites?

Where would I find that info on websites?
It can sometimes be difficult to navigate different vet school websites to find exactly what you are looking for. If a school has a section explaining its admissions process that would be good to check. A place with a lot of good info sometimes (that I feel like a lot of people skip over) is FAQ sections. If all else fails, call up admissions and ask. I haven’t had a bad experience when calling any vet school admissions officers. They are usually very nice and helpful!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I actually was the opposite where I knew my writing score would be the best. So I ended up emailing all the schools I could apply to in order to ask if they consider the analytical portion. That was the fastest way i got the info.

LOL, my writing score was abysmal. Probably should’ve made more of an effort. But I still had multiple acceptances so don’t stress about it :)