Do you have to be a genius to get into PA school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Photosynthesis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've decided that I want to be a Physician Assistant. I'm currently attending a Community College and have a 3.5 GPA. I can get my Bachelors degree at the community college. On Fridays and Saturdays professors from a University come and Teach at the CC. Will getting my Bachelors from a CC affect my chances of getting accepted by a PA program? Also, do you have to be really smart to become a PA?

Members don't see this ad.

To answer your question: no. There are schools like Fairfield, Quinnipiac, Sacred Heart, etc. which churn out almost no MD students but tons of PA students. Ever seen the SAT scores of those schools?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think dedicated is the word you want to use instead of "smart". High intelligence definitely helps you become a PA, but it really boils down to stubbornness and how much you want it.

Consider just transferring to a 4 year university to get your bachelors instead of staying at CC though...

OP may be trolling, but I'll bite:

1. Institution requirements for where you get a degree from will vary by school; you need to check iwith each school you're interested in to know for sure.

2. Even though university professors teach at your CC on the weekends, it does not affect the perception of your institution (whatever that perception may be).

3. Intelligence is required for PA school, for med school, etc. Hard work and diligence even more so.