Do you have to be a vet student to join VIN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulAg

Texas A&M CVM c/o 2014!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Or can you be pre-vet? I know there's a section dedicated to technicians but is that the full thing or, well, how does VIN work?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think pre-vets can. I'm sure their website would have information on joining.

Or can you be pre-vet? I know there's a section dedicated to technicians but is that the full thing or, well, how does VIN work?

VIN is for veterinarians only(but veterinary students can join).

There is VSPN.org which is the Veterinary Support Personnel Network which is for everyone else who works in the field. This in theory is open to everyone in the field. When you sign up your application has to be approved(not sure what the process entails) but apparently they take some steps to ensure that you are actually legitimately affiliated with the field.

VSPN has its own forums that are totally separate from VIN. There is still some good reading, but its generally less medically oriented.

Members don't see this ad :)
pretty sure you have to be a vet or vet student to join.

veterinary partner is a cool info site they have for clients, too.

Once you have your vet school email, its really easy to sign up for VIN and its free :) I dont think you can get on VIN before that though.

You can sign up for VSPN as long as you work in a vet clinic. They approve your application very quickly.