do you like patients?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goobernaculum

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do radiologists dislike patients or patient interaction? I know that some of you have already expressed this opinion already, but what do you all think is the general consensus in the field of radiology?

What quality/types/kinds/extent of patient interaction is there in radiology or any of its subspecialties?

Thanks!

sincerely,
inquisitive 1st year and perhaps a future radiologist

Members don't see this ad.

Don't hate most patients, just some of them. I actually liked patient contact a lot during med school, but loved radiology more. Then, in internship, there was that 20% of patients that were really a pain in the a#@ that made me thankful that I went into rads.

We do get some limited patient contact. In addition to imaging, radiology is very procedural, and not just interventional. Thus, we get to talk to patients briefly before and during procedures. This limited interaction is great because it filters out all of the social stuff that the primary team deals with.

I like patients. I just don't like micromanaging them like in internal med. I also don't like being a social welfare director for them :p
Rads suits me just fine.:D