Do you subscribe to and/or read any psychology related publications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrackCPD

Reaction score
I’m not talking scholarly journals or anything like that. More like trade publications, newsletters, and the like.

Members don't see this ad.

Not really. Most of the psych related stuff I read are journal articles or books by people who write journal articles. Too much gets lost in translation for me so I end up just looking up the paper anyways.

Second. Reporting on data is generally terrible. Like how people are going crazy over the new alzheimer's drug, when the actual results are not clinically meaningful, and a not insignificant number of people will die from brain bleeds and cerebral edema if they're not careful.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do magazines count? I have a subscription to Scientific American Mind. Also Skeptical Enquirer, though that is only peripherally psychology-related. Only newsletters are from various professional organizations I'm a part of.

"Read" is a strong word. All of this is skimming aside from the odd magazine article I consider worth my time.

Ok, so the consensus seems to be most don’t read them. I work in a hospital and I don’t read any nor do my colleagues so I thought maybe we were missing out and/or being slackers.

I read some related healthcare trade publications regularly. Keeps me up on larger industry changes.