do you think it's a bad idea to stop doing practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mandy_848

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i honestly don't know what to do this week. i've been doing practice test questions (diagnostics) but not timing myself or anything, just working through them.

i'm in a state where i don't know what i should do to study, yet don't feel prepared enough to stop - although i doubt i would ever feel prepared for the mcat :(

Members don't see this ad.

Everything is going to be fine. Study what you can and when you get a chance. It makes no sense trying to cram it all in right before. Maybe you should try a few problems from one section, and then move on to the next. Then when you have gotten through all of them, go to the harder ones and see what happens. Focusing on one subject in particular will only leave behind more uncertainty with the other subjects.

Best of luck!! :)

I'm gonna take a practice test tomorraw, then review every single exam question from the other 6 ptests I've taken.

I guess i'm the same way...but i'm just going through questions and looking at mistakes from other tests. I'm also doing a VR test every day.

Members don't see this ad :)
At this point, I'm through with practice exams. I don't want to tire myself out anymore for this week. The most I'll do this week is review the review books for all the sciences and take a couple of practice verbal sections.

mandy_848 said:
i honestly don't know what to do this week. i've been doing practice test questions (diagnostics) but not timing myself or anything, just working through them.

i'm in a state where i don't know what i should do to study, yet don't feel prepared enough to stop - although i doubt i would ever feel prepared for the mcat :(

i will say stop doing anymore practice tests.

just do some brief content review and check some simple math concepts.

personally, i stopped doing anything else besides SDNing since this past monday.