Doane Open Learning Academy Ochem 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedLife210

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Has anyone taken the online Organic Chemistry II class from Doane Adult Open Learning Academy? Specifically with Joseph Paletta? There's only one review of the guy, which is 1/5 on RMP, but you never know how reliable those are, especially if there's only one.

I've already paid for the class, since I currently have no other alternatives and it's $1750! So I'd like to be absolutely sure about this, before dropping that kind of money (can have refund before it starts). I'm applying this cycle so I HAVE to take the class this summer lol.

Also, any cheaper alternatives to Doane? Especially classes without proctoring?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

I recommend Samar Kolailat. I've taken her twice for Gen Chem 1 and Orgo 2 (no proctor & timed). Both sections she is teaching are full so you'd have to wait to see if someone drops it.
thanks! do you know if theres any way to get notifications for that? didnt see anything when i checked. and damn its 4 weeks? thats crazy lol

also, when did you take her? i read online that dcccd does proctoring

Fall 2020 I took the second 8-week Orgo 2 with her then the first half of Spring 2021 I took 8-week Gen Chem 2 with her. There are no notifications so you have to just keep checking. Maybe reach out to the school to explain that you need to take it ASAP and ask if they can manually add you to the course. Some DCCCD professors don't proctor so I email them beforehand to ask.