Doctor's Houses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is that you? Looking good

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So this thread has basically turned into "What kinda awesome house will I buy as an attending?" And what's up with all the cabins in the woods? White people :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is that you? Looking good
Looking good, *m'lady

m+lady+_6f67e31c52471863af16582fedf6cfa2.jpg

So this thread has basically turned into what kinda awesome house will I buy as an attending. And what's up with the cabins in the woods? White people :rolleyes:

More so at the peak of your career what could you afford if you over extended yourself, biked to work, lived off PBJs

So this thread has basically turned into "What kinda awesome house will I buy as an attending?" And what's up with all the cabins in the woods? White people :rolleyes:

You're right, I'd love a beach home

tiny-beach-house.jpg

This f-ing picture. The guy in it is the doppelgänger of a sax performance major I went to college with.
That's weird, because I know a clarinet performance major that could be his twin. :eek:

Because working as a rural doctor gives one the option to live in a place like this:
Brasstown-Bald-Autumn-colors.jpg
North Georgia mountains (cue The Last of the Mohicans theme)

Or like this:
maria-stenzel-ancient-live-oak-trees-in-georgia.jpg
Georgia Coastal Plain
A nice cabin can work either way, especially for the one up top.

A sax performance major, maybe. A sex performance master, definitely.

Nothing says sex master like an obese man with pubes hot glued to his face.

Reactions: 3 users

I'm not white and I'd like a cabin in the woods. I imagine being a physician allows for enough human contact for 5 of me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Behold The Louis Vuitton House for all the Derm peeps.
Crack+house+front.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
my dream house, or rather, meth house

Yup that's me and mr. Tp before he grew his hair out

Since we are talking about houses. What areas in California have like a few minutes drive to the beach, they are close to forest, skiing places, and have nice huge homes?
Example:
ca881ba8f406edc6d0a3d30890a0a494.png
Comment withheld.

Last edited:
I'm not really the type of guy to have a home gym anyways. I like to be around people so they can be Mirin'. I would like to have some cardio machines, though.

lol.

I doubt even a top doctor salary would allow me to afford an gigantic indoor ski mountain

Man screw fancy pants houses. I just want a greenhouse so I can breed new pharmaceuticals and a basement lab where I can stash chemicals that'll make all my neighbors nervous. Meth lab down the street? ha noobs try histology with picric acid or x-ray crystallography.

Some people in this thread are too concerned about what they'll be able to afford when they're old... or very old. Try and enjoy your life now (in the 20-40 year old age bracket)... now is prime time living, not when you're old and are at risk for cancer.

Man screw fancy pants houses. I just want a greenhouse so I can breed new pharmaceuticals and a basement lab where I can stash chemicals that'll make all my neighbors nervous. Meth lab down the street? ha noobs try histology with picric acid or x-ray crystallography.

That's an interesting way of saying marijuana.

I just want to have a greenhouse so I can breed a new strain of thyme that I'll call Adventure Thyme.

Some people in this thread are too concerned about what they'll be able to afford when they're old... or very old. Try and enjoy your life now (in the 20-40 year old age bracket)... now is prime time living, not when you're old and are at risk for cancer.
U wot m8?

A decent cabin in the woods can be had for a hundred thousand in some areas. A nice microhome can run even less. Also, worrying about cancer and death is a pretty sad way to go about things. Enjoy the present while also planning for the future.

Why has no one been talking about luxury yachts to go along with the houses, and for that matter supercar carrying speed yachts

strand-craft-122.jpg

^ take that down right now

I can settle with one of these houses when I'm really financially stable.
l5675bd42-m0o.jpg

luxury-home-decor.jpg

French%20Castle%20luxury%20home%20house%20plan.jpg

HOUSES-1-blog480.jpg

custom%20luxury%20house%20plans.jpg

Got a thing for fountains?
Hell yeah! But mines are going to have Hawaiian Punch coming out of them. Nah, I didn't even noticed the fountains.

I'd love to live in a penthouse, but to own one is at least a few mil.

For cereal guys, helicopter or jet? I'm more of a helicopter guy myself- way easier to land on small islands, mountain hideaways, and megayachts with. For added helicopter fun, you can play the Jurassic Park theme and talk Jeff Goldblum nonsense at your passengers every time you land.
78022_800.jpeg

img1.jpeg

For cereal guys, helicopter or jet? I'm more of a helicopter guy myself- way easier to land on small islands, mountain hideaways, and megayachts with. For added helicopter fun, you can play the Jurassic Park theme and talk Jeff Goldblum nonsense at your passengers every time you land.

Private helicopters and jets are for the poor. I plan to own private space ship and vacation on the moon (where I will have a log cabin)