does a speeding ticket need to be reported for intern license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmcat33

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got a speeding ticket in california where i was going 86 in a 70, it was a 320 dollar fine. do i need to report this when i apply for an intern license? it seems like a stupid thing to report but my pharmacy school advisor told the students we need to report anything over 300 dollars

Members don't see this ad.

You weren't convicted of anything so what is there to report?

Members don't see this ad :)
Generally, no. Convictions for traffic fines almost never required to be reported. Many states non drug related misdemeanors are not even required to be reported. You'd want to check with the board though on if they have some weird $300 limit though. Won't hurt to ask, worst case you'll report it and everyone will have a chuckle.

I got 4 in two year back when I was a student. You don't need to report it. It's just an infraction...

CA got upset that I didn't report a reckless driving citation when I applied for an RPh license. Ask your BOP for guidance.

You should report it as "Moving tickets/ violation". The fact that you did not report it may reflect intention to conceal truths, whatever they may be. The best way is just to call the board and be sincere about the fact and ask them what you should do. I had friends in my class who failed to disclose these traffic tickets in their intern application and got penalized. Be safe than be sorry