Does age matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usbigbird

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. I got a lot of valuable info about international dentist. Just one question: Does age matter when applying for advanced program? I think I am too old to do it :( .(near 40)
any suggestions are appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

usbigbird said:
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. I got a lot of valuable info about international dentist. Just one question: Does age matter when applying for advanced program? I think I am too old to do it :( .(near 40)
any suggestions are appreciated!

Hi,
Age doen't really matter for studying..It's your life and you should do what you wish..That's how I see it. Infact schools might consider it as a +ve point becos you should be having many years of experience in dentistry.

So are u practicing dentistry? if so which country?..All u have to do is get your credentials evaluated in US, take NBDE part1 & Toefl ASAP..& call schools get answers for your queries and APPLY ASAP :luck:

dentaldoc said:
Hi,
Age doen't really matter for studying..It's your life and you should do what you wish..That's how I see it. Infact schools might consider it as a +ve point becos you should be having many years of experience in dentistry.

So are u practicing dentistry? if so which country?..All u have to do is get your credentials evaluated in US, take NBDE part1 & Toefl ASAP..& call schools get answers for your queries and APPLY ASAP :luck:
dentaldoc,
Thanks for your reply. It sounds inspiring. Yeah, I was practicing denstistry in China. Do I have to take part2? I notice some advanced programs need both part1 and part2. Thanks!!