Does AMCAS give your MCAT score out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Necr0sis713

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
uh..I got this email, what does this mean?

"Good afternoon:

I am XX XXX, the Diversity and Inclusion Recruitment Coordinator for the University of XXX School of Medicine. We have received your MCAT information from the AAMC Med-Mar database. When selecting applicants to interview, we assess strengths holistically and in the following areas: MCAT score (which you have demonstrated), GPA, health care experiences, personal characteristics, essays and letters of recommendation. I would like to share with you some of the great opportunities that we have available here at XX School."

I didn't even send a primary app to this school. Should I feel special, or is this just something all schools do?

Members don't see this ad.

Question 1: Is University of XXX School of Medicine an accredited medical school in the United States? (Also the name sounds kinda dirty)

I had a friend receive e-mails from recognizable schools. Apparently you may have inadvertently clicked to share your MCAT scores with schools at the end of taking your MCAT, like the old MCAT had an option for that. Anyway, nah, I wouldn't feel special. I know it sounds cool, but the school probably has a thing where they do

Send e-mail to all students exceeding X MCAT threshold. Especially if there's an application fee, why not rake in money? How would these schools gauge your prospect based only on MCAT to warrant a genuine inquiry?

When you take the MCAT, your score will be available for schools to see along with your contact info which they will then use to advertise to you.

I started getting them after taking the MCAT as well. Just like receiving college propaganda after taking the SAT/ACT, etc.

uh..I got this email, what does this mean?

"Good afternoon:

I am XX XXX, the Diversity and Inclusion Recruitment Coordinator for the University of XXX School of Medicine. We have received your MCAT information from the AAMC Med-Mar database. When selecting applicants to interview, we assess strengths holistically and in the following areas: MCAT score (which you have demonstrated), GPA, health care experiences, personal characteristics, essays and letters of recommendation. I would like to share with you some of the great opportunities that we have available here at XX School."

I didn't even send a primary app to this school. Should I feel special, or is this just something all schools do?
Read any letter of this type with skepticism.

It essentially means " Please apply to us and pay us a secondary fee"

Reactions: 3 users