Does anyone get CVS breaks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So let me get this straight....you've been a pharmacist for TEN years, have the spelling and capitalization skills of an 8 year old, claim that CVS paid off the Federal Communications Commission (for God knows what--lack of satellite TV in the pharmacy??), and somehow can't convey to your technicians "hey, I'm going on break, set the wait times to 30-45 minutes" in any usable language???

:laugh:

What an idiot! :laugh::laugh:

Do not discount his post because of a few spelling and grammar mistakes. He makes a few good points.

Members don't see this ad.

So let me get this straight....you've been a pharmacist for TEN years, have the spelling and capitalization skills of an 8 year old, claim that CVS paid off the Federal Communications Commission (for God knows what--lack of satellite TV in the pharmacy??), and somehow can't convey to your technicians "hey, I'm going on break, set the wait times to 30-45 minutes" in any usable language???

:laugh:

What an idiot! :laugh::laugh:

Spelling Police. Wow you are rude.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you Mountain! You illustrated my point exactly! This is what is the worst that can happen, which, for the individual was the best - being written up & finding a better job.

However, if a good pharmacist (any race, ethinicity, gender) wants a really good job, or a tech doesn't want to be treated by a disposable wipe - leave the job. There are other employers who will treat you better.

For the new grads - don't be so greedy about the money!!!!! That immediate gratification is fleeting & very short lived after you buy that HDTV & hot car. You have a lot of years to work. Use your good judgement & try not to be swayed by an "immediate come-on" (sign on bonus).

I totally agree. Many of my fellow classmates took sign-on bonuses way before they even started rotations. How do you know if another pharmacy setting such as hospital, specialty, etc., may interest you?? I have one friend who took a huge sign-on and hates it. She wants to do a clinical residency...but she already spent the bonus money...

It's nice to know others are having the same problem with breaks. My aunt works at CVS, but as a cashier (supposed to be a manager). But she'll work crazy hours and never a break. It's crazy if you ask me. Luckily for her she's quitting after 18 yrs. 1 more week and she's out of there. I couldn't be more thrilled. I still think it should be a standard procedure to make sure all employees take breaks and encourage them to do so. My aunt is a diabetic and has basically been told too bad, you can take a break when you're off. That is a sad situation to be in if you ask me.

It's nice to know others are having the same problem with breaks. My aunt works at CVS, but as a cashier (supposed to be a manager). But she'll work crazy hours and never a break. It's crazy if you ask me. Luckily for her she's quitting after 18 yrs. 1 more week and she's out of there. I couldn't be more thrilled. I still think it should be a standard procedure to make sure all employees take breaks and encourage them to do so. My aunt is a diabetic and has basically been told too bad, you can take a break when you're off. That is a sad situation to be in if you ask me.

There is an ethics line at CVS and she should report the store management....

I had no idea CVS holds a gun to everyone's head and says "You can't have breaks, now get back to work!" If you don't like it, do something about it or quit crying about it. Everyone makes choices in life.

My experience has been that it's not so much that somebodys holding a gun to your head, but from the technician's point of view - say you come in at 8:30 one day, then the 10 o'clock tech calls in sick (CVS has no way that I know about to get emergency tech coverage except that the pharmacist can just start calling everybody they know), so it's just you and your pharmacist until 2 or 3 pm. I happen to like my pharmacists, so I'm not going to take a break that day because I don't want to leave them by themselves.

I agree with the other poster also - this is more of a problem in the slower stores. When I've working in a very busy store with 2 pharmacists, 4 techs, and an intern in the middle of the day - everybody eventually gets their 30 minute break. In my home store with one pharmacist and 2 techs (or 1 tech and 1 intern), maybe or maybe not, depending on what sort of a day we're having.

retaliation is illegal according to the EEOC. No employer may retaliate against an employee filing a complaint or lawsuit. CVS does not discourage breaks or lunch, infact it if cvs policy that all hourly employees are entitled to 2 15 min breaks and 1 30 min unpaid lunch break for an 8 hr shift. It is up to the PIC or staff rph to make sure all employees either take a break or take a lunch in the pharmacy. No employee is to work and not get paid for it. There is no law that i am aware that CVS must deduct a 1/2 hour of your pay if no lunch is taken. When you punch out, write "no break" on the punch slip and have your rph sign it and turn it in to your Store manager. They cannot take that 1/2 hour if you did not take a break! Do not let this continue.

I've never understood where this 15 minute break thing fit it - I've NEVER seen this observed in stores. Maybe it's a state by state thing?? We feel pretty good if we get our 30 minute offtheclock break for lunch.

Yes, it is a state-to-state thing. Everyone that says it's a law must realize that most companies set their POLICY to the strictest laws (usually Texas or California) just to be safe, but outside of those jurisdictions, they are only policies that can be altered or ignored with no real recourse unless you get a bulldog of a lawsuit lawyer (or get involved with an initiated class-action suit). Well, aside from "open door policies" where you can complain to a higher-up outside of your store who may or may not ignore you. Not sure about the labor organizations or offices in your city/state that may help you, though.

Some stores, like Wal*Mart, after getting nailed with a number of lawsuits (usually originating in Cali) not only make it policy, but make it YOUR FAULT if you miss a break or take a lunch outside of the time frame (ie, you wait too long, or not at all). Breaks aren't recorded so they are more vague, but you will be forced to take a lunch (to the point of registers warning you and eventually shutting you out when your time comes, if you ever use one).

I have worked for CVS for over 2 and a half years. As was said previously in this thread, it is the law (as far as i know, federal law) that you are entitled to, at the very least, a 30 minute unpaid break. IF they take it out of your check when you've worked it anyway, they should be reported.

Ever since that craziness with CVS getting busted for not giving breaks and working underaged people after certain times and having them operate things they shouldn't, it's been an issue (with my particular management) that we take our breaks. Not only to keep from getting into trouble with the law, but also because we are entitled to them. if you work 6 hours and 15 minutes, you are to get a break. the 15 minute paid ones, those are generally as time allows. and i know that we are entitled to them, but sometimes that's just difficult.

there was a reference earlier in this thread that a certain person was an unusally hard worker. some might say that i'm the same way. i make the schedule where i am, and i allow for breaks in my scheduling. so that people get the hours i'm able to give them and are able to take breaks without feeling like they are losing something when they take it. even when we are short handed, and i am working, i try my darndest to make sure people still get their breaks and tell them to go. sure, it's not fun.... but who am i to tell them they can't take one?

for nearly my first whole year of working for cvs, i wasn't aware of taking breaks. we'd take them when we could, but would get paid for them. sometimes the pharmacist would even tell us to go sit for a bit to chill and such so we wouldn't feel too overworked. and really, in the pharmacy, it really is the management and the pharmacists' job to make sure that happens. at CVS, we also have what we call "Lead Technicians". and those people are also there to make sure things get done the way they are supposed to, help the pharmacist deal with all the paperwork, and train and make sure other people do their jobs. as well as make sure people take the time they are entitled to.

also... i've worked with several different pharmacists in my time (kinda sad when i think about it), and if they told me they were going to take a "lunch", i would tell the patients, "my pharmacist is at lunch right now. is [whatever time was suitable on that particular day] okay?". when they'd ask me how the pharmacist could be on lunch, i simply said, "he's working a 14 hour day, ma'am/sir. he's gotta eat, too. i do apologize, but i'm asking if [this time] will be okay. if you'd like, we can try to call you when it's ready"..... or something of the like. i do agree with the "tough" statement about a pharmacist saying "neither do i" when told, "i don't get any breaks". that's partly because the pharmacist doesn't just flat out say, "i'm going on lunch, ask the patient if [whatever time] is okay".

so i guess what i'm really saying here is that no matter where you work, whether CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, Walmart, etc..... everyone in that pharmacy is a team. and all should figure it out to make sure that things are being done the way they should and people are being treated the way they should.

IMO the pharmacy profession has started to become more like a fast food restaurant, you have the drop off=where you order your food,production=where the food(drug) is prepared and shipped out to either the counter or the drive thru, oh and you have to have all that done in 15 min! Ive been in pharmacy for 3 years and it amazes me how these corporations implement these small programs that waste your time and the patients time and really have no meaning. Where does patient advocacy come into play? Wait there is none! Its all about the year end bonuses, they want to maximize profit at the patient and the employees expense and Ive realized that itll NEVER get better but only worse but I do like were I work and just realize that at the end of the day EVERYBODY has to work one way or another so I dont let all that crap get to me cause no matter what the place that you work at will still be there the next day regardless if you get caught up on the work que or fill a pts need you have to look out for you....And everybody wonders why you have to be on some kind of antidepressant just to function when you work in the medical field!

When I worked in retail and had a patient complain to me about how long it was going to take to fill his/her Rx, I just told them we're not a fast food place and we want to make sure it's filled right because we're concerned about their safety. If they want it now, we can give them a bottle of something, just might not be what they need ;). They always seemed to understand after that. And my store was used to filling upwards of 450 Rxs/day.

I understand laws vary from state to state and each CVS store is different, so people's experiences will be different.

From my own experience with CVS, the only way I got a real break is to go to the restroom and sit down for a moment. I felt really guilty leaving my coworkers working by themselves so I almost never took a break. Yes people can say, yes it is your own fault for not knowing the law or not wanting to take the break or not following CVS policy. But honestly, when a store is always busy, no one is thinking about breaks; we're too busy working. I believe a caring company should do its best to create an environment where breaks are encouraged. For me, breaks were non-existent at CVS.

I honestly did not know there was such a thing as two 15 minute paid breaks until I started working at my hospital pharmacy job. I really like my crew at CVS and we fought through countless nights where we were shorthanded and had to stay behind to help put away orders. After we closed, my pharmacy manager would turn off a few lights, hide in the pharmacy, and continue to try to catch up the day's unfinished orders. If he couldn't finish that night, he would come in earlier the next day to catch up. It was brutal.

Lunch for pharmacist? Its call run and hide in the back for 10 to 15 minutes MAX. The law in my state does not require pharmacist to take mandatory 30 min lunches or breaks. Law does requires at least one pharmacist be on duty while the pharmacy is open. My CVS pharmacy manager never took a break (not that I've seen) and he ate quickly. One time my coworkers and I timed him. It took him no longer than 5 minutes to inhale a foot long from subway, and use the restroom.

Like I said, absolutely brutal.

While working at CVS, I seldom took a break. My pharmacists never encouraged it and we were way too busy to consider taking a break. Clerks were often performing tech duties but getting paid clerk wages. (example: mixing suspensions. Counting and filling scripts). This was the result of a strict budget and each store can only hire 2 to 3 techs. I felt the entire environment at CVS was to yield maximum profit at the expense of paying very little attention to the well-being of pharmacy techs and clerks and perhaps, pharmacists.

Most of the time, pharmacists felt bad for their own clerks and techs and bought us lunch and tried to develop a good relationship with us. I appreciate their efforts, but in the end, it means more to me if a retail pharmacy store shows it cares by strongly encouraging its employees to take their respective paid breaks.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I understand laws vary from state to state and each CVS store is different, so people's experiences will be different.

From my own experience with CVS, the only way I got a real break is to go to the restroom and sit down for a moment. I felt really guilty leaving my coworkers working by themselves so I almost never took a break. Yes people can say, yes it is your own fault for not knowing the law or not wanting to take the break or not following CVS policy. But honestly, when a store is always busy, no one is thinking about breaks; we're too busy working. I believe a caring company should do its best to create an environment where breaks are encouraged. For me, breaks were non-existent at CVS.

I honestly did not know there was such a thing as two 15 minute paid breaks until I started working at my hospital pharmacy job. I really like my crew at CVS and we fought through countless nights where we were shorthanded and had to stay behind to help put away orders. After we closed, my pharmacy manager would turn off a few lights, hide in the pharmacy, and continue to try to catch up the day's unfinished orders. If he couldn't finish that night, he would come in earlier the next day to catch up. It was brutal.

Lunch for pharmacist? Its call run and hide in the back for 10 to 15 minutes MAX. The law in my state does not require pharmacist to take mandatory 30 min lunches or breaks. Law does requires at least one pharmacist be on duty while the pharmacy is open. My CVS pharmacy manager never took a break (not that I've seen) and he ate quickly. One time my coworkers and I timed him. It took him no longer than 5 minutes to inhale a foot long from subway, and use the restroom.

Like I said, absolutely brutal.

While working at CVS, I seldom took a break. My pharmacists never encouraged it and we were way too busy to consider taking a break. Clerks were often performing tech duties but getting paid clerk wages. (example: mixing suspensions. Counting and filling scripts). This was the result of a strict budget and each store can only hire 2 to 3 techs. I felt the entire environment at CVS was to yield maximum profit at the expense of paying very little attention to the well-being of pharmacy techs and clerks and perhaps, pharmacists.

Most of the time, pharmacists felt bad for their own clerks and techs and bought us lunch and tried to develop a good relationship with us. I appreciate their efforts, but in the end, it means more to me if a retail pharmacy store shows it cares by strongly encouraging its employees to take their respective paid breaks.

A fine example of all that is wrong with retail pharmacy with CVS leading the way. Read carefully new grads. Remember this when you sign for the little bonus check. The above story is not an isolated event. It is everyday reality at places like CVS and Walgreens and honestly most retail locations.

Most of the time I can't take breaks because its just too busy and the other techs are n00bs. So when I get pay deducted, I get pissed off.

What I'm doing now is giving my numbers to the pharmacist, having him punch me in 1/2 hour before I'm scheduled to come in, so that way I get paid the full 8 hours I'm there. I don't give a **** if that is illegal.

I'm trying to get the pharmacists to just tell their district supervisors to **** off and go 40 hours above budget every week.

Wow, i never thought i'd have this problem. Not allowed to take breaks. Our CVS forces us to take breaks, even if we don't want to, we are required to clock out and go somewhere or sit in the break room for 30 min. Guess each store is truly different.

A fine example of all that is wrong with retail pharmacy with CVS leading the way. Read carefully new grads. Remember this when you sign for the little bonus check. The above story is not an isolated event. It is everyday reality at places like CVS and Walgreens and honestly most retail locations.

I usually eat standing up, but i dont chew. I quickly gulp down a protein shake, and also usually go to the bathroom once in a 12 hour shift. I reckon many of you new grads are looking at the $$$ signs, cause i was the same way. I am out soon, and I urge you all to perhaps try and get legislation changed where perhaps you can shut down for a 1/2 hour and not be afraid of these corporate sleeze balls!

Something I noticed about the "excellent" stores in CVS, they almost always are above their budget on tech hours.

I'll make this clear: I could give a shet less about some multi bilion dollar companies tech budget; i schedule accordingly and when i say accordingly i mean i schedule to the point where i can actually verify rx's and have time to talk to people. The corporations will drain you to no end...

It's pretty obvious to anyone who's worked for these corporations that their "tech budget" is really just a tool they use to whittle down your hours. They don't really want you to meet the budget, they just want you to be perpetually afraid you're going to get fired for going over the budget because you have to. That's how they strong-arm all their **** policies, by making everyone afraid of being fired.

How many prescriptions do you and the pharmacist do? How many hours does he work per week?

Hi, do you work for CVS? If so, I wanted to know how they are about overtime. For example, if I've already worked 40 hours for the week but can pick up other shifts, will they let me? If you work from 8 - 10pm, do they pay you overtime past the 8 hour mark or do they count it towards the 40hrs/wk and you don't get overtime?

I will be graduating next year and would like to pick a company where I may have the opportunity to work a bit of overtime so that I can pay back my enormous school loan back quicker.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hi, do you work for CVS? If so, I wanted to know how they are about overtime. For example, if I've already worked 40 hours for the week but can pick up other shifts, will they let me? If you work from 8 - 10pm, do they pay you overtime past the 8 hour mark or do they count it towards the 40hrs/wk and you don't get overtime?

I will be graduating next year and would like to pick a company where I may have the opportunity to work a bit of overtime so that I can pay back my enormous school loan back quicker.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! :)

If you work a 8am-10pm shift, they count as regular hours as long as they total up to 42 or 44 (if you have your own store).

Even for overtime CVS will only pay you $5 additional to your base rate per hour, its not time and a half.

If you work a 8am-10pm shift, they count as regular hours as long as they total up to 42 or 44 (if you have your own store).

Even for overtime CVS will only pay you $5 additional to your base rate per hour, its not time and a half.

For the record, unless your specific state law indicates otherwise, overtime for CVS pharmacists begins with the 45th hour worked and is $6.00 per hour additional.

I've worked at CVS now for over 2 years . I work 8 to 10 hour shift and I'm denied my lunches and breaks all the time. The entire staff is denied lunches and breaks. The only way anyone is able to take a lunch is if we are slow,,, Which is hardly ever!!!!

The Pharmacists denies the entire staff of these rights. Who do I need to contact about this???

I'm really considering leaving CVS and interning at a hospital. :thumbdown:

Last edited:
Get your employee handbook out and point out to the PIC they are violating Company Policy. After that, call your regional HR guy or gal.

I've worked as a tech for CVS between 2 stores for the past two years.
My home store normally does about 200 scripts a day with 1 pharmacist working 14 ours and two techs with a 2-3 hour overlap. Weekends consist of 1 pharmacist and 1 tech. We usually die at 7-8 at night so although we usually have some in the queue, we can stop and breathe but that screws the morning tech because they're off by 5. I've learned to eat between all the bells (drive thru, pick-up and phone) and eating mainly consists of a liquid diet.

Now, the other store... At that store we do about 400-500 a day, and today we broke 500 and did 534. We have two pharmacists who overlap by 2 hours, and 3 techs or 2 techs and an intern. One does drop off/entering/drive thru, one on filling, and one on pickup/drive thru. Both of the pharmacists are past their 70's and sit in a chair at their computer and do nothing but verify and counsel. I probably counted 350 of the 534 scripts today because we were at 150 or so when i came in at 11. I had no break, and if I would have taken a break, or any one else, the store would implode. When we left tonight, there was about 60 scripts to be entered, 6 pages of queue, and we've had to clear the shelves nearest the bins to add more bins for prescriptions meet the volume required. Our dm budgets us only 140 hours for doing 3000+ a week... its rediculous. Here, although the pharmacists try to get us a break or something, its nearly impossible and our discript office has gotten so fed up with complaints, both directly from us and the ones that drift down of the ethics line, that we're all on probation under the excuse of "failing to perform to the minimum standards" which includes the Triple S and all that nonsense.

My point, yea the ethics line is there but it doesn't do anything.

And as to the break situation, or dm as said that we're never verbally refused a break so they can't be held resposible (although my dm has also made the comment that we dont work hard enough to deserve a break.)

My home store normally does about 200 scripts a day with 1 pharmacist working 14 ours and two techs with a 2-3 hour overlap. Weekends consist of 1 pharmacist and 1 tech. We usually die at 7-8 at night so although we usually have some in the queue, we can stop and breathe but that screws the morning tech because they're off by 5. I've learned to eat between all the bells (drive thru, pick-up and phone) and eating mainly consists of a liquid diet.

Now, the other store... At that store we do about 400-500 a day, and today we broke 500 and did 534. We have two pharmacists who overlap by 2 hours, and 3 techs or 2 techs and an intern. One does drop off/entering/drive thru, one on filling, and one on pickup/drive thru. Both of the pharmacists are past their 70's and sit in a chair at their computer and do nothing but verify and counsel. I probably counted 350 of the 534 scripts today because we were at 150 or so when i came in at 11. I had no break, and if I would have taken a break, or any one else, the store would implode. When we left tonight, there was about 60 scripts to be entered, 6 pages of queue, and we've had to clear the shelves nearest the bins to add more bins for prescriptions meet the volume required. Our dm budgets us only 140 hours for doing 3000+ a week... its rediculous. Here, although the pharmacists try to get us a break or something, its nearly impossible and our discript office has gotten so fed up with complaints, both directly from us and the ones that drift down of the ethics line, that we're all on probation under the excuse of "failing to perform to the minimum standards" which includes the Triple S and all that nonsense.

And as to the break situation, or dm as said that we're never verbally refused a break so they can't be held resposible (although my dm has also made the comment that we dont work hard enough to deserve a break.)
Notice I didn't say anything about the ethics line. They are violating company policy and they may be violating the laws of your state. If all of your pharmacists just sit on their buts, you'll never get anywhere.
And one more thing, I would document the date and time of the conversation with the DM so if this ever goes before a government agency you will have contemperanous documentation.....

Notice I didn't say anything about the ethics line. They are violating company policy and they may be violating the laws of your state. If all of your pharmacists just sit on their buts, you'll never get anywhere.
And one more thing, I would document the date and time of the conversation with the DM so if this ever goes before a government agency you will have contemperanous documentation.....

Dude you are so lost in not even funny any more. CVS is the absolute worst company to work for. YOU seem to be the only one who thinks they are great. CVS abuses its employees plan and simple. It is company policy to deny breaks, under staff and create a dangerous working environment. I do not know why in the world anyone would ever consider working for them. I will never understand why you continue to defend them. Great, you work for them and you are a loyal employee. Is your loyalty so blind you cannot see the truth? I pity you, I really do.

CVS is destroying our profession as badly as Wal-Mart and the $4 generics are.

I admire your work ethic and your dedication. Good techs make this job tolerable. You need to take control of the situation. It is not your responsibility to single handedly keep the pharmacy running. Do your job and do it well and do not worry about how many are in the queue or are left to type.

Take your breaks and lunch when they are due. It is not your fault if they are to stupid to staff properly. As long as you keep working through your breaks they will keep letting you. Document every time someone asks you or tells you to skip a break. Your state will have a Department of Labor. You can file a wage and hour complaint to get your back pay. Until CVS employees stand up for their rights they will continue to be abused.

STAND UP FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WILL!!!!!!!

Dude you are so lost in not even funny any more. CVS is the absolute worst company to work for. YOU seem to be the only one who thinks they are great. CVS abuses its employees plan and simple. It is company policy to deny breaks, under staff and create a dangerous working environment. I do not know why in the world anyone would ever consider working for them. I will never understand why you continue to defend them. Great, you work for them and you are a loyal employee. Is your loyalty so blind you cannot see the truth? I pity you, I really do.

CVS is destroying our profession as badly as Wal-Mart and the $4 generics are.

I have no clue if you have ever worked for CVS. But, please do not criticize me when you have never ever worked with me nor do you have any knowledge of what I experience on a day to day basis. I can't speak for the whole company, I can only speak for the little portion of the universe I occupy. Techs get breaks. I'm sorry, they do. Do we have as much staffing as I would like, no. But I'm not in charge.

It is not company policy to deny breaks. It's a bold faced lie. There are over 20,000 pharmacists employed by CVS. Are they all brainwashed? Are they all just doing it for the money? Your hatred of CVS is so overblown you become a caricture of yourself. I am the lone CVS pharmacist who likes he job and the other 19,999 are just stepford pharmacists too stupid to understand their dire circumstances.

It is not company policy to deny breaks. It's a bold faced lie. There are over 20,000 pharmacists employed by CVS. Are they all brainwashed?

Not brainwashed...victims of poor leadership and a bad system.

Are they all just doing it for the money?

Yes and likely they cannot get a job anywhere else. I like to think of CVS as the H1B visa depository and for all others who do not speak fluent english.

I am the lone CVS pharmacist who likes he job and the other 19,999 are just stepford pharmacists too stupid to understand their dire circumstances.

Yes....except I do not think they are to stupid to understand. As evidenced by the numerous threads on here it is quite clear they are aware.

Author of "Money, Time, & Youth, why you need it now and how you can do it too!" Look for it at booksellers near you.

I keep looking and haven't found it.......

Author of "Money, Time, & Youth, why you need it now and how you can do it too!" Look for it at booksellers near you.

I keep looking and haven't found it.......

I said look for it. I didn't say you'll find it.. :smuggrin:

I haven't written it yet.. :smuggrin:

All I can say is that I feel sorry for all my friends that work at CVS and it is definitely one company I am not signing on with. In my area, Walgreens seems to have the best rep

With this being said, I think I'll be going into clinical if anything so that I won't have to put up with this ****. :D

Would anyone like a lolipop? Manage to grab a couple from the pediatric wing at my hospital ;)

All I can say is that I feel sorry for all my friends that work at CVS and it is definitely one company I am not signing on with. In my area, Walgreens seems to have the best rep

With this being said, I think I'll be going into clinical if anything so that I won't have to put up with this ****. :D

Would anyone like a lolipop? Manage to grab a couple from the pediatric wing at my hospital ;)

Walgreens isn't much better. In fact worse in some areas. I would avoid retail like the plague.

Not brainwashed...victims of poor leadership and a bad system.

Yes and likely they cannot get a job anywhere else. I like to think of CVS as the H1B visa depository and for all others who do not speak fluent english.

Yes....except I do not think they are to stupid to understand. As evidenced by the numerous threads on here it is quite clear they are aware.

With each post you become more and more bizarre. You have no data to back your claims. It appears you are pulling them out of your posterior region. Again I can't speak for the entire company. I can only speak for my district. Every single pharmacist is a US citizen. Only one of the pharmacists in our district does not speak English as well as I would like, but I'm not in charge of hiring. Of the over sixty pharmacists in my district there is not one H1B pharmacist.

Most of the complaints are from students and not from pharmacists. You appear to be an angry and disillusioned person that does not like anything about retail pharmacy. I am sorry you are such a grumpy and grouchy guy.

I hope the new year brings you some happiness, because your surely need it.

!!!

Last edited:
So there are a few typos so what ? I was typing fast.
By the way, I don't think that you are a pharmacy student, at least not a smart one. CVS will channel all that anger and frustration that you have into long hours of work! So, if you think you have what it takes to work 12 to 14 hour shifts while starving , go "get you some"!!:laugh: CVS is always hiring because nobody wants to work for them. However every once in a while and idiot like you comes along and they get lucky! I am sure, they'd love to have you! because you will never see the big picture. There will be lots prescriptions with typos that you could fix while working thru your lunches and breaks.
icon10.gif

Last edited:
Good news! lol. The work at CVS is only going to speed up. We're now being rated on the time that it takes for a car to get thru the drive-thru from the time it pulls in line. Well, what little we did well on the Triple S just went out the poop shoot. Along with that, we now have to have ready fill (auto refilled scripts) at 25% which is rediculous considering my home store sits at 3% right now and we led the district lol... All of this with the PCI and First Fill really leaves no time for breaks.

Last edited:
Seriously...there needs to be a sticky that says CVS sucks and we all know it.

Guys the only solution is to refuse to work for a sh*tty company like this. If there is a hell for pharmacist I bet it looks alot like CVS.

CVS represents all that is wrong with pharmacy today.

Seriously...there needs to be a sticky that says CVS sucks and we all know it.* Guys the only solution is to refuse to work for a sh*tty company like this.* If there is a hell for pharmacist I bet it looks alot like CVS.CVS represents all that is wrong with pharmacy today.

Problem is...you can insert almost any chain name in place of "CVS" and say the same thing.
Why single out CVS? Now, when mistakes happen, you can blame CVS corporate policy for it. It'll be the newest court defense...:rolleyes:

So, when do we as pharmacists stand up? Personally, I'm a cop-out; I'm leaving pharmacy instead of fighting for it. I just don't care anymore. I've witnessed good colleagues (physically and mentally) age prematurely practicing retail.

Hopefully, there will come a point where no one can take it anymore. Darn, we're a tough bunch!

Problem is...you can insert almost any chain name in place of "CVS" and say the same thing.
Why single out CVS? Now, when mistakes happen, you can blame CVS corporate policy for it. It'll be the newest court defense...:rolleyes:!

If I were in court being sued for a mistake that was caused by being short staffed with no breaks in a 12 to 14 hour day you bet your a*$ I would throw them under the bus. Working 12 and 14 hour days with no breaks along with company computer programs that track how fast you are going is unsafe. H*ll yes I would bring it all up and so would you.
The only other chain you could insert would be Walgreens, who is just as bad. CVS seems to be the pioneer for all the sucks in retail which is why I single them out.

Personally, I'm a cop-out; I'm leaving pharmacy instead of fighting for it. I just don't care anymore. I've witnessed good colleagues (physically and mentally) age prematurely practicing retail.

I am with ya. Once my current contract is up I am running away from retail as fast as I can.