Does anyone know about Georgetown's MD-PhD program admissions? Specifically, if rejected for MD-PhD, can an applicant be considered for MD-only?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yepanotherpmed

Reaction score
Does anyone know about Georgetown's MD-PhD program admissions? Specifically, if rejected for MD-PhD, can an applicant be considered for MD-only?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about Georgetown spcifically but in general, schools do say that you'll be considered for MD only but in reality, the decision from MD/Ph/D comes so late that you won't be a viable candidate.Furthermore, MD-only adcoms figure that you want MD/PhD and will take an offer for that program at an other school over MD-only at G'town so they may yield protect and not offer you admission and/or an interview.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know about Georgetown spcifically but in general, schools do say that you'll be considered for MD only but in reality, the decision from MD/Ph/D comes so late that you won't be a viable candidate.Furthermore, MD-only adcoms figure that you want MD/PhD and will take an offer for that program at an other school over MD-only at G'town so they may yield protect and not offer you admission and/or an interview.
Okay, thank you @LizzyM. Also, how many points within a LizzyM score is considered to be a match school (match considering stats only)?

The LizzyM score is like aspirin for arthritis. It was better than nothing when that's all we had but there are much better alternatives. For matching yourself to schools, I recommend WARS.

Reactions: 1 user