Does Anyone Know what the increase was??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Army DOC DO

Anesthesia attending
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the July 1st Pay increase was for the HPSP Scholarship stipend? I remember last september when theh new budget passed they were talking about a huge increase (raising the stipend from 1307 to somewhere around 1700) but then a few weeks after that it came out that all though the raise was authroized, congress did not allocate the money. (Idiots) So I am just wondering if anyone knows what they are going to give us? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I just found out from my recruiter they screwed us once again.... the stipend went up 30 bucks a month from 1319 to 1349! oh well..:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, can anyone help. I received the army HPSP and was sworn into the Army in April, buy I haven't seen any money yet. It's now July, when did everyone else's stipend start. I feel like since I'm now a member of the reserves, I should be getting money. No one in the army that I'm in contact with seems to have the right answers. I'm starting my 2nd year of school and I need money!!!
Thanks

Hey, can anyone help. I received the army HPSP and was sworn into the Army in April, buy I haven't seen any money yet. It's now July, when did everyone else's stipend start. I feel like since I'm now a member of the reserves, I should be getting money. No one in the army that I'm in contact with seems to have the right answers. I'm starting my 2nd year of school and I need money!!!
Thanks

When you get the money will depend on a number of things.

Are you a 3 year student? If yes, you will start your stipend on the first day of your second year.

If you are a 4 year student, you should have started the day you signed your contract.

My suspicion is that you are a 3 year student and the Army will start to pay your tuition and stipend starting in the first term of your second year.

Thanks. Yes I just finished my First year and I'll be starting my Second year the end of August. So it sounds like the money will probably start then. Thank you. Just wondering if you know, however, if I signed a contract in May and I am know a 2nd Lieutenant, how come the money doesn't start then too? I think my recruiter was a new guy and I think a few things he said were a little mis-leading, we thought we would be getting money sooner.

My recruiter told me the money starts when I start school. It's a total of like 10 months isn't it? One of my friends signed a few months ago and he didn't immediately start getting money because he wasn't in medical school yet.

Thanks

I am in a somewhat similar situation, they told me I'd get the money in early-mid August.

My recruiter told me the money starts when I start school. It's a total of like 10 months isn't it? One of my friends signed a few months ago and he didn't immediately start getting money because he wasn't in medical school yet.

My recruiter told me lots of things... I would say about 4 or 5% of it was accurate.

I would say that if you have an enlisted recruiter, don't believe the vast majority of what they say. If they are Nurse Corp or MSC officers, then you may be able to move the percentage up to about 50%.

money starts with the beginning of your term, you should get your first pay on either the 1st or 15th of that month, depends on when your school starts. For me, I commissioned in july, but my first pay didn't come till october, it takes 3 months or so for the slow Civilian people at the DFAS office to imput your information. Ask you recruiter for your initial log in to the MODS website, this is where you will recieve your orders, and all your informtion is on there. when your student status on this website says complete with "no missing" documents then you should start receiving your pays. PM me with any more questions.

You all most likely know this but I just spoke with a recruiter yesterday who said that they just got word the stipend was being up-ed to 1900 next year

I found this memo in the Dentistry section and had it verified by OTSG. The first stipend raise takes effect the first paycheck in September.

Attachments

• HPSP Stipend and FAP Increase Memo Signed_a.pdf
    246.5 KB · Views: 147
I just got paid today, but it was $1349. That's my first payment. And I've been in school longer than a month...

Should I be expecting to get backpay as well and some other deposits to make up for the ~$500 they still need to give to me for the first part of August and part of the stipend increase? Anyone know how long after the first stipend pay the bonus shows up?

The stipend increase to $1605 didn't start until 1 Sep. So August's pay should be the lower stipend.

Not to hijack this thread... but are there any other MS1's out there who still haven't been paid. I have been in school for six weeks already. Thank God that I have prior military experiance and know that the Navy, on the whole, is reasonably well run. I would be really scared if I was a staight civilian and had to go through this mess.

It really depends on your commission date not the start of school. If you were commissioned a couple months before school then you should be getting your stipend by now. However if you were not commission until a couple days before school started then I would not panic yet. Once you are commissioned all of the paperwork has to be processed and you have to be entered into the DEERS system. Either way you should get back pay starting from your first day of school. If you want a more concrete answer send an e-mail to Code OH and ask them about your status.

It is official the stipend did increase to $1605 a month. My Sep 15th paycheck showed the increase.