Program-Specific Info / Q's Does anyone know when Colorado State University sends out notifications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CSUhopeful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will e-mail admissions early next week, but I'd figured I'd post here first in case someone already knows. I know they get tons of applicants, but they are my top choice by FAR, so I'm anxiously awaiting the e-mail or snail-mail!!

Members don't see this ad.

I will e-mail admissions early next week, but I'd figured I'd post here first in case someone already knows. I know they get tons of applicants, but they are my top choice by FAR, so I'm anxiously awaiting the e-mail or snail-mail!!
Their application packet says on or near March 16th. It also says they mail out letters, but I think last year the applicants who were accepted got an email first.

I'm a current student in the OT program at CSU. I got an email around March 18-20th last year, followed by a formal letter.
Wonderful program, INCREDIBLE professors, very difficult to get in and very academically challenging.
I love every second of it. Best of luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also waiting to hear about CSU OT. What did everyone think about the essay this year? I felt like I couldn't say what I wanted to say and sound intelligent in 80 - 100 words. Anyone else? I wonder what the admissions committee is looking for in those responses.

Also waiting to hear about CSU OT. What did everyone think about the essay this year? I felt like I couldn't say what I wanted to say and sound intelligent in 80 - 100 words. Anyone else? I wonder what the admissions committee is looking for in those responses.
I felt the same way. How do you express yourself and your knowledge in less than 100 words, especially with such broad questions. I know that from talking to CSU graduates that in the past it has been all about academic ability and diversity, i.e. people with world travels or unusual backgrounds.
Good luck!!

From CSU's website: Notification letters were sent by US mail on March 13, 2015.

Has anyone gotten an e-mail yet? Hoping for Monday, I can't wait anymore...

Nothing yet. I just got Monday's mail, and no letter. Maybe tomorrow. I hate the waiting!

I'm in Arizona. I've also been admitted to 2 OTD programs, and I'm trying to weigh that out….OTD vs. MOT. Is CSU your first choice?

It is because its my in - state school. I've been accepted at Rush, so if CSU says no then I will be going to Rush.

I haven't received the letter yet either! Anxiously awaiting as CSU is my top choice. I have been accepted to U of MN and have to let them know by Friday if I am going or not... so hopefully this letter comes soon! Does anyone know if they are planning to send emails out as well?

I haven't received the letter yet either! Anxiously awaiting as CSU is my top choice. I have been accepted to U of MN and have to let them know by Friday if I am going or not... so hopefully this letter comes soon! Does anyone know if they are planning to send emails out as well?
My mail has not come yet today, but I live in CO (45 minutes from CSU) so I'm expecting my letter today. I'm guessing they are not sending emails this year. I know that last year they did send some, but they were also a couple weeks late sending out notifications so that might be why they sent emails. They're also on spring break this week.

Awesome! Good to know, thanks CO OT Guy. I was getting nervous that no email meant I was out. This waiting game plays a lot of tricks on your mind. Just need to stay open minded until my mail arrives, whatever happens will happen. Best of luck to you and the other CSU applicants! What a phenomenal program.

Members don't see this ad :)
FutureArmyOT and CO OT Guy--can you give me more indication of why you like CSU's program so much? I visited one of their info sessions in September, and of course, I know it's in the top 10 nation wide, but I'd love to hear more about what makes it such a good program (other than reputation). Have you talked with other students or sat in on classes? I would appreciate any perspective that you have!

Yes, this waiting game is the worst….:/

FutureArmyOT and CO OT Guy--can you give me more indication of why you like CSU's program so much? I visited one of their info sessions in September, and of course, I know it's in the top 10 nation wide, but I'd love to hear more about what makes it such a good program (other than reputation). Have you talked with other students or sat in on classes? I would appreciate any perspective that you have!

Part of the reason CSU is rated as high as it is, in my opinion, is the location. Fort Collins is gorgeous as are the Rockies and there's tons to do. The program is on the cutting edge of research and has an assistive technology lab. I think they will be involved in hippotherapy too with a new program that has started in the animal science department. They are also a program that has fieldwork throughout. Having said that, I think the ratings are somewhat subjective and come from student surveys so the location and student life may play a part in there. For me, I applied because it is essentially in my backyard and in-state tuition is much cheaper than out of state.

I hope this helps. I still have not gotten my letter by the way.

Last edited:

Hey Fragola93- My long term dream is to join the Army as an Occupational Therapist. I was drawn to CSU because they have 3 professors actively pursuing research with Veteran and Military rehabilitation. In addition, the OT program runs their Veteran student support services called the "New Start Program." From my research, it appears the OT students in the program have the opportunity to get involved in providing these services to Veterans on campus. I felt CSU was the program that matched my interests and future goals best with the faculty on staff. Have you already applied? I researched the interests and research topics of all faculty at the universities I was interested in and ranked my top choices from that information.

Also, my future husband is a combat Veteran and hopes to go back to get his bachelors degree. This university is extremely military friendly, provides great benefits for Veterans as well as excellent services to help him succeed in his education.

Co OT Guy--Oh, yes, I get the love of Ft. Collins. It really is an amazing town! Good luck! (And yeah, bonus on the in-state tuition :)

FutureArmyOT--I think that's fantastic work that CSU is doing and so central to your OT goals. I hope you get in! Yes, I've already applied. I've been accepted to 2 of the 4 schools I've applied to, and just waiting on CSU and one more. This is a mid-life career change for me (and bringing my whole family along!), so there are a lot of things I'm weighing.

Thanks! I hope you get in too! Where else have you applied? I'm not quite mid-career yet, but this is a career change for me as well. I am currently out in the working world as a Recreational Therapist serving Veterans with PTS, TBI, and MST.

I just received my letter of acceptance from CSU! I will be attending this fall.

Congrats CO OT Guy! That is great news. You should be very proud of yourself! No letter in the mail for me today.

I just got my CSU acceptance letter in the mail!! I guess I am a Ram for life! I will be attending this fall, I hope to see you all there. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations @Susanna OT! Still anxiously awaiting for mine...but if they just got to Colorado today, I'd imagine it will be another day or two before they get to Idaho. Would you mind sharing your stats? Also, was it a little or big envelope? Haha. I know that is a silly question, but in Undergrad little envelopes always meant bad news.

Congrats, Susanna! No letter for me today, but I'm hoping it's just b/c it is taking longer to get to Arizona.

Does anyone know if CSU was sending a notification to all applicants (accepted, wait listed, denied) or just to accepted students?? I'm assuming they would send something to everyone just as an update, but thought I would check in if anyone asked admissions and knew the answer. Thanks in advance!

I am also in Idaho @FutureArmyOT and still have not received anything. I'm trying very hard not to worry about it but all this waiting has me extremely stressed and irritable. Its hard not knowing where i'll be in a few months..But I am also curious whether or not everyone gets a letter.

This process is tough! I think with CSU, the hardest part is knowing the decisions have been out in the mail world for 6 days and we cannot get our hands on them! I had to email the department, because I have another offer I have to respond to by tomorrow evening. I was hoping I would not have to bother them, but still don't have my letter and do not want to hold onto a seat in another program, preventing another student from attending, if I get into my #1 choice. I will let you know what I find out. I'm not sure if I will receive a response, because they are on spring break, but I always respond to emails while on vacation haha. Where in Idaho are you? Where else did you apply @misswannabeOT ?

I am currently in Moscow.Just finishing up at UI. I had applied to UPS, Utah and Pacific. interviewed with both Utah and Pacific, but had gotten a rejection letter from UPS just previous to my first interview which really messed with me. I have yet to hear from the two I interviewed with and obviously, Colorado. During my interview with Pacific, I asked how I could make myself a better applicant for next year if I don't get accepted. After taking a look at my folder and stats, the woman I was interviewing with said she couldn't find anything that she felt as though I needed to work on. That was both a good and bad thing to hear. Right now, I just want to know where I will be heading in May and really, why I was rejected from UPS and how that impacts my chances with the other schools. @FutureArmyOT

Last edited:
@misswannabeOT this is from the Applicant Packet: Notification date: All applicants are notified by US mail on or near March 16, 2015. That leads me to believe that everyone would get some sort of notification, not just accepted students.

@misswannabeOT Don't think about what one rejections says about your chances for another school! I have a lot of friends in Master's programs already and many of them got both rejections and acceptances. A lot of times different schools are looking for different things in their applicants and another thing to remember is with how intense this process is these days and competitive, it says a lot about you as an applicant to receive an interview. You are headed in the right direction! The waiting game beats us up so hard, because it is hard not to go through all the what ifs... keep your head up! If you are curious about why you got rejected from UPS, call them and ask how you can strengthen your application, most schools are very receptive to providing feedback after decisions have been made.

Does anyone know if CSU was sending a notification to all applicants (accepted, wait listed, denied) or just to accepted students?? I'm assuming they would send something to everyone just as an update, but thought I would check in if anyone asked admissions and knew the answer. Thanks in advance!

I received my letter of rejection. Not worth playing mind games trying to figure out if it means something that nothing has come in, just have to be patient.

Congratulations @Susanna OT! Still anxiously awaiting for mine...but if they just got to Colorado today, I'd imagine it will be another day or two before they get to Idaho. Would you mind sharing your stats? Also, was it a little or big envelope? Haha. I know that is a silly question, but in Undergrad little envelopes always meant bad news.

It was in a little envelope! When I first saw it, my heart sank a little. When I opened it, I jumped up and down in front of my post office box and shared the news with the postal clerk! I have received 3 rejection letters/emails, and one interview on hold notification already, so I thought this year just wasn't my year. I was rejected from UPS, Pacific, and Midwestern (Illinois). Still waiting to hear from University of Washington, but I have already accepted CSU.

I know how hard it is to wait and I know how hard it is to get a rejection letter, but it is all worth it when you get a yes. I postponed applying to OT school for an extra year in order to earn a second BA for a higher GPA. It is hard to be patient, but it really does pay off.

Good luck to everyone, I hope you all are accepted to the school that fits you the best!

I got my acceptance today in the mail (yay!). Now I just need to decide b/w OTD and MOT….

I was accepted and found out by mail last week but I am denying as instate tuition I is cheaper! (I am from Florida and will be attending UF.) A spot should be opening up then. :) Congrats to everyone, I heard it's BEAUTIFUL in Colorado!