Does briefly losing financial aid for not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress count as an institutional action that should be reported? There was n

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happybay_premed

Reaction score
Does briefly losing financial aid for not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress count as an institutional action that should be reported? There was no academic probation/suspension involved, as the semester in question only involved withdrawing from all classes. Since I did that, they said I didn't meet SAP because I didn't complete 67% of my classes (since I withdrew).

Please let me know what y`all think. Im stressing about this big time.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does briefly losing financial aid for not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress count as an institutional action that should be reported? There was no academic probation/suspension involved, as the semester in question only involved withdrawing from all classes. Since I did that, they said I didn't meet SAP because I didn't complete 67% of my classes (since I withdrew).

Please let me know what y`all think. Im stressing about this big time.
Did you go through the process of a semester withdrawal?

If you have an entire semester of Ws, I'd check the institutional action box for "not making satisfactory academic progress" just as an opportunity to explain what happend -- unless you are using some other prompt for that information.

Reactions: 1 users
If you have an entire semester of Ws, I'd check the institutional action box for "not making satisfactory academic progress" just as an opportunity to explain what happend -- unless you are using some other prompt for that information.
Thank you for the response. I have already discussed it in the both the AMCAS and AACOMAS. Long story short my wife and I had a child and things needed to get prioritized. I just felt like it would be a red flag(yes I know the Ws are a red flag in themselves), guess I been watching too much of Dr. Ryan Gray...

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for the response. I have already discussed it in the both the AMCAS and AACOMAS. Long story short my wife and I had a child and things needed to get prioritized. I just felt like it would be a red flag(yes I know the Ws are a red flag in themselves), guess I been watching too much of Dr. Ryan Gray...
You still didn't address my question: did you go through a formal process for a semester withdrawal?

Reactions: 1 user