You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Does marrying a URM make me a URM?
Started by recoveryexpert
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Resisting the urge to make an inappropriate joke...
But no, the answer is no.
But no, the answer is no.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This has to be a joke. Right?
2
235788
turbo troll 

I once listened to young jeezy, am I now a URM?


I once listened to young jeezy, am I now a URM?
D
deleted393595
Visited the inner city once. URM?
Resisting the urge to make an inappropriate joke...
But no, the answer is no.
That s so unfair though. Aren't couples supposed to share everything? It so unfair 🙁
I'm part of Kony 2012. URM?
That s so unfair though. Aren't couples supposed to share everything? It so unfair 🙁
If you mean tangible goods, then yes, most of the time. If you mean race, then no. I cant really tell if you're serious or not.... How can you honestly think that you will be an URM if you marry someone? Under Represented MINORITY. I seriously cant tell if you're serious....
That s so unfair though. Aren't couples supposed to share everything? It so unfair 🙁
No - couples aren't supposed to share everything!
If you mean tangible goods, then yes, most of the time. If you mean race, then no. I cant really tell if you're serious or not.... How can you honestly think that you will be an URM if you marry someone? Under Represented MINORITY. I seriously cant tell if you're serious....
She is not serious.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That s so unfair though. Aren't couples supposed to share everything? It so unfair 🙁
My word, I hope you are joking....
No - couples aren't supposed to share everything!
She is not serious.
I wouldn't be URM but to be fair I shld qualify for the URM advantage
Then why is it that non residents get residency by marrying residents and non URM cannot get URM advantage by marrying URMs? This is messed up
2
235788
Then why is it that non residents get residency by marrying residents and non URM cannot get URM advantage by marrying URMs? This is messed up
Just apply as an African-american and see what happens.
OP, don't you dare listen to these haters. They are ignorant pre-meds and they don't know the minds of adcoms. If they knew what they were talking about they'd be in med school. Here's what I want you to do -
1)Apply for URM status.
2) When questioned about it, tell them, as you've told us, that you are indeed entitled to list URM status due to the above reasons. Please explain in depth, and feel free to throw in that genius line you just posted about residency, which I take to mean citizenship and which is totally the exact same thing as race.
Then, when you get accepted post here and rub it in the faces of all who said it was a bad idea. Bonus points if this thread is more than two years old.
1)Apply for URM status.
2) When questioned about it, tell them, as you've told us, that you are indeed entitled to list URM status due to the above reasons. Please explain in depth, and feel free to throw in that genius line you just posted about residency, which I take to mean citizenship and which is totally the exact same thing as race.
Then, when you get accepted post here and rub it in the faces of all who said it was a bad idea. Bonus points if this thread is more than two years old.
Then why is it that non residents get residency by marrying residents and non URM cannot get URM advantage by marrying URMs? This is messed up
Please seriously stop! Your ignorance is starting to make me angry. How on Gods green earth would you expect to be considered URM if your boyfriend is black or hispanic, or whatever other URM classification there is out there, and you are white? You do realize what they are trying to do by recruiting more URM right? They are trying to create diversity in the hospital. If you are white, and are trying to be classified as black, good luck.
You should bring it up in an interview and let it be known that you are an URM because you married one and see what happens. Really just think about what you are saying. And you keep trying to justify yourself and your reasoning. This is not "messed up". If you are not born as an URM, why would you expect to be classified as one? You expect the status to just be handed over to you because "its not fair"? GOSH SERIOUSLY!! You cant be serious!! Please just stop justifying yourself.
OP, don't you dare listen to these haters. They are ignorant pre-meds and they don't know the minds of adcoms. If they knew what they were talking about they'd be in med school. Here's what I want you to do -
1)Apply for URM status.
2) When questioned about it, tell them, as you've told us, that you are indeed entitled to list URM status due to the above reasons. Please explain in depth, and feel free to throw in that genius line you just posted about residency, which I take to mean citizenship and which is totally the exact same thing as race.
Then, when you get accepted post here and rub it in the faces of all who said it was a bad idea. Bonus points if this thread is more than two years old.
👍
Best advice I've read on SDN in a while. Good luck OP!
Please seriously stop! Your ignorance is starting to make me angry. How on Gods green earth would you expect to be considered URM if your boyfriend is black or hispanic, or whatever other URM classification there is out there, and you are white? You do realize what they are trying to do by recruiting more URM right? They are trying to create diversity in the hospital. If you are white, and are trying to be classified as black, good luck.
You should bring it up in an interview and let it be known that you are an URM because you married one and see what happens. Really just think about what you are saying. And you keep trying to justify yourself and your reasoning. This is not "messed up". If you are not born as an URM, why would you expect to be classified as one? You expect the status to just be handed over to you because "its not fair"? GOSH SERIOUSLY!! You cant be serious!! Please just stop justifying yourself.
Hater 😡
Spent the first month of my life in the poor part of the poor part of Philadelphia... then lived a luxurious life in the affluent suburbs outside of the city... should I apply disadvantaged?
OP, don't you dare listen to these haters. They are ignorant pre-meds and they don't know the minds of adcoms. If they knew what they were talking about they'd be in med school. Here's what I want you to do -
1)Apply for URM status.
2) When questioned about it, tell them, as you've told us, that you are indeed entitled to list URM status due to the above reasons. Please explain in depth, and feel free to throw in that genius line you just posted about residency, which I take to mean citizenship and which is totally the exact same thing as race.
Then, when you get accepted post here and rub it in the faces of all who said it was a bad idea. Bonus points if this thread is more than two years old.
what the **** are you talking about?
Spent the first month of my life in the poor part of the poor part of Philadelphia... then lived a luxurious life in the affluent suburbs outside of the city... should I apply disadvantaged?
Did you move in with your auntie and your uncle from Bel-Air?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2
235788
what the **** are you talking about?
why is it so hard for some people to detect sarcasm?
2
235788
My maid is a URM. Can I apply to Meharry?
Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
haha what a username
why is it so hard for some people to detect sarcasm?
oh i see it lol.
oh i see it lol.
I was just about to say "you sir, have no soul"
I watched all tyler perry movies, watched BET, and listen to jazz and rap, can I apply urm?
2
235788
oh i see it lol.
ha its cool.
You have to always look for it and expect anything extreme to possibly be sarcasm on these boards. 😎
Visited the inner city once. URM?
Watched Roots. URM?
OP is a pretty good troll lol.
OP, don't you dare listen to these haters. They are ignorant pre-meds and they don't know the minds of adcoms. If they knew what they were talking about they'd be in med school. Here's what I want you to do -
1)Apply for URM status.
2) When questioned about it, tell them, as you've told us, that you are indeed entitled to list URM status due to the above reasons. Please explain in depth, and feel free to throw in that genius line you just posted about residency, which I take to mean citizenship and which is totally the exact same thing as race.
Then, when you get accepted post here and rub it in the faces of all who said it was a bad idea. Bonus points if this thread is more than two years old.
Sounds like good advice if it is actually possible but..
Not really getting you here.
Can you elaborate a bit? I just don't see how OP can pass it off, if at all.
I believe Sideways stated something that would fit in here quite well...
OP is a pretty good troll lol.
OP is an excellent troll. I haven't laughed this much reading threads (this one and her last one) in a very long time.
They all count...
No. 😱
OP, don't you dare listen to these haters. They are ignorant pre-meds and they don't know the minds of adcoms. If they knew what they were talking about they'd be in med school. Here's what I want you to do -
1)Apply for URM status.
2) When questioned about it, tell them, as you've told us, that you are indeed entitled to list URM status due to the above reasons. Please explain in depth, and feel free to throw in that genius line you just posted about residency, which I take to mean citizenship and which is totally the exact same thing as race.
Then, when you get accepted post here and rub it in the faces of all who said it was a bad idea. Bonus points if this thread is more than two years old.
👍 Please, please do this. I will gladly wait two years to hear how this goes.
6.5/10
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
K
kpcrew
yes
Once you go black...
You become a single mother? 😕
I'm part of Kony 2012. URM?
Only if you're Kony.
2
235788
I'm part of Kony 2012. URM?
is that you with the ak47?
OP, btw-- the dude with the RPG is a URM. He married a hispanic woman in 2010.
D
deleted357625
My bf is URM and I was wondering if marrying him will give me the URM advantage.
Thanks
you're disgusting the way you think.
You're basically thinking that marrying him will give you an advantage in the cycle. You are so dumb...and already shows that you're not worthy
Sounds like good advice if it is actually possible but..
Not really getting you here.
Can you elaborate a bit? I just don't see how OP can pass it off, if at all.
Hey man, don't be jealous because you didn't think of it first. Now stop trying to bring her down. I will not stand for the negativity coming from - scoff - pre-meds, and unjustly directed at a person with a perfectly legitimate, and in addition intelligent, question.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 561