Does NOVA cheat their students out of an

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

12YearOldKid

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just heard that NOVA dental students do no molar endo or extractions. Is that true -- and if it is, do you feel cheated? I mean -- extractions!!??? That is bread and butter dentistry. That's like not teaching optometrists how to refract. Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

12YearOldKid said:
I just heard that NOVA dental students do no molar endo or extractions. Is that true -- and if it is, do you feel cheated? I mean -- extractions!!??? That is bread and butter dentistry. That's like not teaching optometrists how to refract. Just curious.

wow...what a rumor

as a NSU student...I've taken out a bunch of teeth on OMS rotation and emergency rotation....

And when I finished my pre-req endos (Anteriors and premolars) I have done molar endo, I'm actually doing one tomorrow....

Just remember every school has to teach up to ADA (or ADEA or whatever)standards which means you learn the fundamentals at a minimum at EVERY school. It's the other stuff that differs...some schools you do rotary endo, some schools you do veneers, some schools you can do endo re-treats, some schools you place implants, others you just restore them....but at a minimum every will do restorative, crowns, dentures, endo, extractions, scalings. etc. etc. etc....

tell your rumor source that it's no accident that we had above 90% pass rate on the Florida boards again this year...

Tell your rumor source that we here at Nova actually don't do any dentistry stuff. We just hang out at the beach and sip on Coronas. Since we're so good looking down here and party like rock stars, the state of FL and WREB licensure boards constantly pass our students in the 90% for the last 3 years.

All jokes aside, we extract teeth here at Nova as predoctoral students, sometimes even the wrong ones! ;) Molar endo only anterior requirements are completed.