Does PharmCAS accept electronic transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owlbright

Chubbic Bowman
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Many of my schools I contacted with accept electronic transcripts in and out, which is free. But paper transcripts would cost 10$ each. Will PharmCAS accept electronic transcripts directly from schools that I apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

Many of my schools I contacted with accept electronic transcripts in and out, which is free. But paper transcripts would cost 10$ each. Will PharmCAS accept electronic transcripts directly from schools that I apply to?

No, they only accept paper official transcripts. These are usually in a secure envelope from your university registrar. They will then verify your coursework you entered and calculate your PharmCAS GPA. Then every PharmCAS school you apply to will see that information.

See under "What is an official transcript?":
https://portal.pharmcas.org/pharmca...nd-faq/transcripts/u-s-transcripts/index.html

Reactions: 1 user
$10? Wow. That is a ripoff. My university does it for free, they figure that you pay tens of thousands of dollars for education from their school, what's a few cents for paper, ink, and a stamp matter?

Members don't see this ad :)
$10 is a deal. i had to pay $20 lol

Reactions: 1 user
are there any benefits of sending in an official transcript w/evaluation? will the school i apply to see it? (my ochem 2 professor wrote a brief paragraph about my performance.. and its positive!) but cost an extra $5.00

are there any benefits of sending in an official transcript w/evaluation? will the school i apply to see it? (my ochem 2 professor wrote a brief paragraph about my performance.. and its positive!) but cost an extra $5.00
No, schools do not see your official transcripts, they only see what PharmCAS sends them (PharmCAS converted grades, LORs, Personal Essay, etc.)

Reactions: 1 users
So I requested my schools to send official transcripts directly to PharmCAS and it has been over a week. Is there sort of a way that I could know that they get in or not? I have not e-submitted my application yet and did not see any update from "my status".

So I requested my schools to send official transcripts directly to PharmCAS and it has been over a week. Is there sort of a way that I could know that they get in or not? I have not e-submitted my application yet and did not see any update from "my status".

call them directly.

I was waiting over a week too and when it was about a week and a half I got nervous and I called them and they still hadn't received them as of that morning and then that afternoon it appeared. So either give it a week and a half or call them. :)