Does the APhA truly represent us?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
http://drugmonkey.blogspot.com/2009/03/national-community-pharmacists.html

A good post about another worthless organization, the NCPA.

LOL, reminds me of the silliness and poor timing of this NPR story:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102677694

Seriously, a story about bank robberies at a time when the white collar crooks (CEOs, executives) are the ones truly robbing the banks and financial institutions.

Priorities are backwards everywhere we look.

I need to find more ways to think postitive lately.

The "APHA complete review of pharmacy" is the book that represents itself as the number one review of the Naplex.
It is a book that does not have many of the major consouling points of the top 200 durgs. It has several major wrong information that has been noted by many students who have studied it. Moreover, It does not have any information on many of the new drugs that have been approved in the past one to two years.

^^Unfortunately, what you are saying is very true. It is a pathetic book with numerous errors. Don't even try to contact them to have it change either because they won't. The faculty at the University of Tennessee is a bunch of *****s.

Here's an example of one of the mistakes: all statins should be taken qhs! Only the short acting statins need to be taken qhs, not the long acting statins like lipitor.

AphA is a freaking joke! i am telling you guys. I don't know why students have to pay them membership (costly too!) and our profession doesn't seem to advance anywhere.

It's sad when their selling point is: "We're on the National Mall in D.C", yet they don't seem to be doing much for pharmacists up there.

Well, the dilemma is that APhA is headed by pharmacists. We're pharmacists, but we sit around complaining they're not doing any good.

I think if we ever get anywhere as a profession, we'll have to work together, and APhA represents the largest community of pharmacists. APhA can't do anything for us if we, the pharmacists that make up the organization, don't motivate ourselves to change it.

APhA is currently working on get itself recognized as a key player in future healthcare reform.
The problem is that the pharmacy profession just can't unite. Doctors have the AMA. Pharmacists have the APhA, ASHP, NCPA, NACDS, AMCP and countless others, which argue with each other about what should be done on capitol hill.
If there were one pharmacy organization that truly represented all pharmacists, then we'd be able to accomplish something.