Does this class count as BCPM or Health Science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anytimer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am unsure of whether or not these courses fall into BCPM or Health Sciences.

The courses are as follows:
Medicine 180A: Chinese Medicine – Its Cultural Origins and the Impact of Modernization (4 units)
Medicine 180B: Integrative Medicine Practices in the Chinese Healthcare System (4 units)

They're listed as 'medicine' but unsure to which category they fall into? I'm not sure if this might help, but I am also a student at UCLA. Thanks, everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the clarification! I thought it was HEAL, but the whole "medicine" in the name threw me off.

You know that the M in BCPM is Math, not medicine, right?

Yikes, this is my first at SDN, but who would've thought an advisor would give me such a snarky response.

No, I didn't see medicine under HEAL, but I saw veterinary medicine, and the likes, but nothing with just straight 'medicine.' I wanted clarification, and that's what I got.
And I know that certain classes will still count under BCPM such as Psych 115 at my school, Behavioral Neuroscience. Which is why I posed this question.

You were the one who was thrown off by term “medicine” and she was just making sure you knew.
Sorry about that, then. Thanks. This did clear up a lot!

So to piggyback on this question, I'm not sure if I should do this program (which lasts 4 weeks), or stay at school and do research + summer classes instead.

So to piggyback on this question, I'm not sure if I should do this program (which lasts 4 weeks), or stay at school and do research + summer classes instead.

What was your reason for doing the program?

Do you have research experience?

Are you trying to boost a low BCPM?

So you were rude to people giving you advice and now you expect more help...? HMMMMMMMM...

What was your reason for doing the program?

Do you have research experience?

Are you trying to boost a low BCPM?

My reason originally was to boost a rather subpar GPA. As for research, I've been involved with my lab for almost a year now. Also, yes, I'm trying to boost a low BCPM.

Reactions: 1 user