Does this go towards chemistry requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeremmed77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken a course called interpretive chemistry last year. It goes over the two semester chemistry course broadly in one semester. It is worth four credits and had a lab. I am now taking general chemistry 1 with a lab right now. Would this fullfill the eight credit chemistry course requirement some schools require?

I know that some require the general chemistry requirement to be sequential, or back to back, but some do not specify that they need to be split into two different courses. Any input would be great thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Im pretty sure you know what the answer is going to be right?

You should contact the schools you are applying to and see what they think about it. You are right, most schools do want the sequential sciences courses with labs.

I agree with Jbizzle you should really call the schools to confirm. All the schools I have talked to about classes have been very helpful.
Also in my experience you will need to take general chemistry 1 and 2. It sounds like interpretive chemistry is either a science elective for non-majors or a prereq for gen chem 1 and 2 which will not count for PT school prereq courses.

I agree. It depends on the school. Usually, they will have you send the syllabus of the class to see if it will qualify for the Chemistry pre-requisite.