does UNLV consider application after interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SweetTooth07

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I heard UNLV reviews applications holistically, but do they still consider everything even after the in-person interview or is their decision solely based on the interview itself? Also, are they OOS friendly?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I heard UNLV reviews applications holistically, but do they still consider everything even after the in-person interview or is their decision solely based on the interview itself? Also, are they OOS friendly?
i cannot speak to unlv directly, but most schools have a meeting after the interviews and the person(s) that did the interview represent you to the rest of the adcom, where all of them have the file available, and they make a decision on accept/deny/waitlist/hold...

Reactions: 1 user
i cannot speak to unlv directly, but most schools have a meeting after the interviews and the person(s) that did the interview represent you to the rest of the adcom, where all of them have the file available, and they make a decision on accept/deny/waitlist/hold...
Do you know what are some red flags that interviewers look for?

Members don't see this ad :)
They base it on the entire application. That said, they do take into account the interview with the faculty AND the student. There is an algorithm they use, I used to remember it but I forget now. If you have a certain amount of "points," you have a good chance of getting in. This existed at least when I was interviewed 5 years ago. And to answer your OOS question -- they were more OOS friendly in the past, but recently the Nevada legislation (in hopes of keeping more dentists in the state after graduation) increased the amount of In state students they want at UNLV. I believe it's 60% in state, 40% OOS now, but again I'm not entirely sure.

Source: I interviewed at UNLV, got accepted, attended, graduated, and am now a dentist.

Reactions: 3 users