Doing so incredibly bad on EK full lengths

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tallia1

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i've gotten between a 60%-70% on all 4 EK full length tests i've taken. I've actually done worse on the last two. I'm incredibly frustrated because I know all the material. I'm so upset because I put in so much work, learned all the content, have done thousands of practice questions, and yet my scores are decreasing. I've studied for 3 months and is this some indication i'm not right for the medical field? I'm sorry i'm being so negative i'm just BEYOND frustrated at this point. Should I just cancel my MCAT? It's in a month. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you done any of the AAMC practice exams?

If you've finished your first pass of studying, it might be a good idea to see how you do on an official exam. Take only one though. If your score is lower than you would hope for it to be given you're a month out, you might be best off pushing it back.

Also, use TBR and TPR.

I haven't done any of the official exams. I tried TPR and it was so saturated with information, that I used EK as my primary study guide. Do you know if EK exams are harder than the real one? Do people that get 60-70% on the EK exams do well on the real exams? Thanks!

If you are a month out take one of the AAMC full exams under real conditions and see how you do. If you aren't anywhere close to your goal then reschedule.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay i'll do that. But do you know if EK is harder than the real thing? My goal is a 510, but on EK i'm getting a lot worse. Thanks!!

I scored 60-70% on 3 EK FLs and scored >90th %ile on the 2015 MCAT. Even got a 54% in Chem on one of them and score 99% on the real section. They're just hard tests, don't worry about it. 60+ % is good.

Reactions: 1 user
@piii you have no idea how much that made me feel better. I'm so stressed right now and that reassured me. I wasn't sure if EK was similar in difficulty to AAMC

The prep company practice tests give notoriously low scores. I was scoring around 70-80th percentile on TPR practice exams and scored 95% overall on the actual test. Use the AAMC practice material to most accurately gauge your score.

dude, they are meant to be really hard. I got 67% on the first, then 70% on the subsequent three exams and scored a 517 on the real thing. You'll be fine. Scoring 60-70% is actually good for EK

I scored 60-70% on 3 EK FLs and scored >90th %ile on the 2015 MCAT. Even got a 54% in Chem on one of them and score 99% on the real section. They're just hard tests, don't worry about it. 60+ % is good.
I'll be taking my first EK exam tomorrow and actually taking the mcat August 4 - what exactly do you think makes them so much harder than the real thing?