Dominican Republic Pharmacy School Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjrxexpress101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Day Everyone,

I am in my third year of pharmacy school at the University Central de Este (UCE) in San Pedro De Macoris, Dominican Republic. I was wondering if anyone had any experience on getting their license recognized in the US. The programs in the Dominican Republic are 4 and 4.5 years curriculum but that's because they are 3 quadrimesters, basically we go to school year round and completing about 70 credits per year. I was told that the NABP will no except a program less than 5 years even though I compared the curriculum from UCE and the University of Florida and they are identical.

Has anyone been approved to take the FPGEE from any of the following schools in the Dominican Republic

University Central de Este (UCE)
Universidad Tecnologica de Santiago (UTESA)
Universidad Autonoma de Santo Domingo (UASD)
Universidad Nacional Pedro Henriquez Urena (UNPHU)

Any info would really help as I am in a bind and don't really want to go back to pharmacy school in the USA for 3 years just because I am "missing" 6 months of program even though I am not really missing anything because we go to school year round.

Thanks everyone,

Members don't see this ad.

good day everyone,

i am in my third year of pharmacy school at the university central de este (uce) in san pedro de macoris, dominican republic. I was wondering if anyone had any experience on getting their license recognized in the us. The programs in the dominican republic are 4 and 4.5 years curriculum but that's because they are 3 quadrimesters, basically we go to school year round and completing about 70 credits per year. I was told that the nabp will no except a program less than 5 years even though i compared the curriculum from uce and the university of florida and they are identical.

Has anyone been approved to take the fpgee from any of the following schools in the dominican republic

university central de este (uce)
universidad tecnologica de santiago (utesa)
universidad autonoma de santo domingo (uasd)
universidad nacional pedro henriquez urena (unphu)

any info would really help as i am in a bind and don't really want to go back to pharmacy school in the usa for 3 years just because i am "missing" 6 months of program even though i am not really missing anything because we go to school year round.

Thanks everyone,
hello i want to hire a new pharm in the d r are you able to assist me in maui hawaii 808-276-3381 or on skype or email bellamariamaui@yahoo. Thx marie

Hi,

Were you able to take the FPGEE? I finished college in December 2002, but my title said 2003 so right now I am awaiting for a response from NABP.