Done and Done!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhoopDeeDoo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished all of my interviews today! Boy did it feel good knowing that it was the last time for a while that I'd have to wear an uncomfortable suit, eat sugary and sticky pastries for breakfast, rack my brain for more questions to ask when prompted with "so what questions do you have for me?" by the 184th person this interview season, and go through the security line at the airport without shoes on.

I went into the interviews with a clear idea of what my #1 would be -- as it was a program that I liked when I interviewed at it very early and had clear geographical reason for being there. But that completely changed when I was completely blown away by the very last program I interviewed at. It was interview number 9 out of 9 total and it just felt like the first program that I interviewed at where it felt like a perfect fit. Honestly, I liked almost every program I interviewed at and I feel like I would be trained really well at all of them -- but I'm so glad that I found this program! I hope everyone out there finds a program like that -- a program that really energizes you during the whole long drawn-out interview season. I'm really pumped about starting residency now and I really really really hope to match at this program.

Overall...out of the 9 programs I interviewed at, I plan on ranking 8 -- since I would be happy to train at all 8 of them. So hopefully 8 will be the "magic number of programs to rank to match" for me.

Good luck to everyone as you finish out the season!

Members don't see this ad.

Time to chill. Good luck with the rank list, and congrats.

I finished all of my interviews today! Boy did it feel good knowing that it was the last time for a while that I'd have to wear an uncomfortable suit, eat sugary and sticky pastries for breakfast, rack my brain for more questions to ask when prompted with "so what questions do you have for me?" by the 184th person this interview season, and go through the security line at the airport without shoes on.

I went into the interviews with a clear idea of what my #1 would be -- as it was a program that I liked when I interviewed at it very early and had clear geographical reason for being there. But that completely changed when I was completely blown away by the very last program I interviewed at. It was interview number 9 out of 9 total and it just felt like the first program that I interviewed at where it felt like a perfect fit. Honestly, I liked almost every program I interviewed at and I feel like I would be trained really well at all of them -- but I'm so glad that I found this program! I hope everyone out there finds a program like that -- a program that really energizes you during the whole long drawn-out interview season. I'm really pumped about starting residency now and I really really really hope to match at this program.

Overall...out of the 9 programs I interviewed at, I plan on ranking 8 -- since I would be happy to train at all 8 of them. So hopefully 8 will be the "magic number of programs to rank to match" for me.

Good luck to everyone as you finish out the season!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats. I've still got one more to go and good god I can't wait! Good luck to the rest of my peers who still have a couple more interviews to do. And best of luck for everyone who is trying to compose their rank list.

Tis a good feeling. Now you can bite your nails over the order of your rank list. Anyways, if you have the energy left, g'head and place some of your interview reviews at the top of the page. It'll help future applicants out for years to come.

Vent

Congrats, I have done my last interview also last week n boy I am so glad that I am done with all the interviews. Phew!
I am planning to rank all 9 of my interview places n hopefully I will get a spot that I like.