Double major - likely or not likely

Chemistry>Physics

Puggy
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Double major in neuroscience & microbiology with a minor in pharmacology

Is this realistic? While keeping a high (3.8 and above) gpa? My college only requires 2-3 more classes to get a major in neurosci if I'm already majoring in microbio.

Members don't see this ad.

That is entirely dependent on your academic capabilities and how difficult these classes will be.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Will add nothing to your application.

Reactions: 3 users
Do it if the second major is something you'd enjoy learning. Don't do it if the sole reason is to build an application. Many people I know have burned out due to the latter.

Reactions: 1 user
I double majored biochemistry and art history. I love art, so I majored in art history as a mental break from science. Definitely do it if it is something that you will enjoy and not just to pad an application as @Strigon stated earlier. I almost tripled majored with Biology. I took so many Biology classes because a guy I liked was a Biology major (I know, but hey, 10 years and still going strong). My Biochem degree was in the Chem department, so it was harder and did not have a lot of bio, which would have allowed me to do the extra bio major, but it probably would have just looked silly.

I got my degree in biochem- it's a chem degree, and double majored with emergency medicine- so worth it- I loved it and it also gave me a small dose of what I'm experiencing in med school ( amount I work wise)