Doubling up in sophmore year?

Poisonaivi2000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heyy i was wondering what classes i should take next year. Right now im a freshman that took earth science honors ( a regents class) and geometry and algebra honors ( both also regents classes) in middle school and i was part of the national junior honor society. And as a freshmen i'm taking bio honors and alg2/trig honors (i hav been getting a 4.04157 gpa) but i have an A+ in every subject except i am getting an A in science ( i got a 90 on the midterm) next year i am definitly taking chem honors and pre calc honors but i dont know if i should double up in AP physics 1 or not because then i would have less electives. So it's either i double in tenth and do AP bio in 11th and whichever science in 12th or i don't double up in 10 and do either AP physics or AP bio in eleventh and do the remaining science in 12th
Sorry i wrote so much

Members don't see this ad.

In general, I'd say take as many AP/IB classes as possible. They can help you skip classes in college OR if you choose to take Intro Bio even if you took AP Bio (for example), you would have an excellent knowledge base to build upon :)

Good luck

I'll second this. I'm an IB Diploma student. the best advise i can give you is to take as many IB/AP Classes possible without overloading yourself (Dont get into the keeping up with the Jones's mentality, that was Junior year for me and it was hard haha) Remember that 4 AP classes with A's look a whole lot better than 8 AP's with B's and C's.