DPT @ CUNY Hunter - how can I up my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mateo24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. This is my first post. I'd like to thank those of you who contribute to this site. It is really wonderful.

I'd like to know what you think I could do to improve my odds at getting into CUNY Hunter. I am told that it is a difficult school due to low expenses.

My cumulative was 4.0, 1380 GRE, double-major in Bio and Psych, double minor Chem and Music. I am still collecting observation hours from 1) a nursing home, 2) a private practice, 3) a hospital, and 4) a clinic for the homeless. I have worked as a tutor of physics, chem, physio, genetics, etc. I also worked as a TA in a bio lab, and a computer tech. I taught myself Spanish and took a trip to Bogotá alone last summer to solidify it. My bio thesis was on a type of brain cancer and I did lab work. I volunteered for over a year as a phone counselor, helping people in the community at the verge of suicide (but usually just talking them through their horrendous marriages, etc.)

I have not taken their anatomy prereqs, though I did take physio. I would be a conditional. Does that hurt me badly? I could easily take the two courses before June, as per the Hunter website, however.

What would you suggest? Again, many thanks.

Members don't see this ad.