Dr.Burzynski and antineoplastons?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InquisitiveGuy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just watched the Burzynski movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ibsoqjPac

So what's the deal with this? Is the government and big pharma trying to stop it or does this treatment just not work?

Members don't see this ad.

Do a quick search for it. There's a thread with extensive discussion of antineoplastons.

Also try a PubMed search. First of all, no publications in the past 5 years means that he's switched from actual science to trying to get internet wack jobs to buy into his story (see the YT vid you posted). Second even if you accept that this therapy works, the types of tumors he claims that it works on represent a tiny fraction (<1%) of tumors out there. It's not like this is curing lung, breast, prostate and colon cancer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also try a PubMed search. First of all, no publications in the past 5 years means that he's switched from actual science to trying to get internet wack jobs to buy into his story (see the YT vid you posted). Second even if you accept that this therapy works, the types of tumors he claims that it works on represent a tiny fraction (<1%) of tumors out there. It's not like this is curing lung, breast, prostate and colon cancer.

I read one of his papers from 1999. Everything about it seemed...Shady. He's treating difficult-to-cure cancers like GBM, having exceptionally high rates of remission, and NO ONE else is picking up on this? Also, his MRI images in the particular paper that I read are from either different patients or different sites in the brain, or both.

He has several trials that will finish enrollment 12/2011, so we will soon have phase 2 data. Hope is a powerful emotion that was abused in his documentary. I found it very biased towards success stories and testimony of his patients who saw responses. Naturally the goal is to want a cure for any cancer, but has to be done in the right way so people aren't harmed. This guy fought the FDA for years and he was portrayed as the victim. The FDA refused to comment on the documentary so in retaliation the movie speculated non-ethical rational for the FDA pursuing Burzynski. At the end of the movie my wife was ready to take antineoplastins empirically, I'll wait to see phase 3 randomized trials that meet statistical significance.