DREADED waitlist. Lets come together and wait.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroscEYEnce

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone who is on the waitlist? I just got an email today being placed on the hold list at Case. I'm happy and hopeful because it is not a rejection. Anything I can do to boost my chances? I would love to go to this school. How's everyone else doing on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on the waitlist at Louisville and Roseman, and I have an interview at Case next week.

I am waitlisted at 3 places, still waiting to hear from another.
UDM
NOVA
NYU.

My interviewing skill is to blame maybe? It really sucks to be waitlisted at multiple institutions.
Sucks the juice out of my life when I think about it.

Reactions: 1 users
Wait listed at Roseman
Have not heard back from MOSDOH
Interview at LECOM in April.
Here is to hoping.

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted at LECOM, waiting to hear from 5 other schools. I'm tired of waiting for nearly a year of my life.

Wait listed at Roseman
Have not heard back from MOSDOH
Interview at LECOM in April.
Here is to hoping.

do you know if their class if filled yet ? I wonder what the class roster will look like in April.
I have a strong gut feeling that april interview will only get us waitlist seats.

do you know if their class if filled yet ? I wonder what the class roster will look like in April.
I have a strong gut feeling that april interview will only get us waitlist seats.
That is my gut feeling. But being in Tampa in April. There are worse places to be.....

hear, hear.
i am too demoralized to even reapply. completely frustrated with this slow and gruesome process.

Reactions: 4 users
hear, hear.
i am too demoralized to even reapply. completely frustrated with this slow and gruesome process.

Always hope. I've known people who have been accepted two weeks before classes start. Glass half full?

glass full of haterade
been in this process for more than seven months. I interviewed back in freaking September. Three months and 4000 dollar later, all I got was a huge slap in the face. Now it's 2.5 months later and the schools are pretending like i don't even exist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still on the waitlist at Roseman but got accepted into MWU-IL. Thanks God even though I'm not religious. StumpMT and a few others got in somewhere else, too.

glass full of haterade
been in this process for more than seven months. I interviewed back in freaking September. Three months and 4000 dollar later, all I got was a huge slap in the face. Now it's 2.5 months later and the schools are pretending like i don't even exist.

I share the same sentiment. It's pure anger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, back to studying biochem...Love to draw out my urea cycle...

Still on the waitlist at Roseman but got accepted into MWU-IL. Thanks God even though I'm not religious. StumpMT and a few others got in somewhere else, too.

congrats! First acceptnace?

glass full of haterade
you spend 4000$ on application to dental school? that is insane

Always hope. I've known people who have been accepted two weeks before classes start. Glass half full?

I know you don't have the answer to this. But how often do people get accepted 2 weeks (or even a month) before classes start?

you spend 4000$ on application to dental school? that is insane
that is not insane. How many schools did you apply @darknightzzz? The average 15 schools applications (primary and secondary) cost about $3000. Factor in costs to fly/drive/hotel, it is actually more than $4000 depending on how many interviews you got.

that is not insane. How many schools did you apply @darknightzzz? The average 15 schools applications (primary and secondary) cost about $3000. Factor in costs to fly/drive/hotel, it is actually more than $4000 depending on how many interviews you got.

ohhh this is cost of interview included, then its normal...sorry~ I am applying this summer. I just thought 3000$ is jsut for primary and secondary

ohhh this is cost of interview included, then its normal...sorry~ I am applying this summer. I just thought 3000$ is jsut for primary and secondary
$3000 is based on apps to only 15 schools. If your stats are "low" (and this is relative depending on the school), I know people who apply to 20 or more. The idea is to have a broad range so you can at least get one acceptance, rather than just apply to a few schools and maybe waste a year due to non-acceptance. Also, keep in mind that if you have post-bac/master studies, AADSAS still combines this with your undergrad GPA, so it might come out lower than you'd hope. So don't fall into the trap that because you have 4.0 GPA in grad studies that it will be the only one counted, and as a result, you might apply to schools with higher GPA requirements than your AADSAS calculated GPA, ending in wasting money to those schools who would not have given you a second thought anyway. I am speaking in general terms of course, I don't know your situation, but I thought I'd give a warning to new applicants. I probably wasted money on 4 or 5 applications to schools that I should not have applied to.

$3000 is based on apps to only 15 schools. If your stats are "low" (and this is relative depending on the school), I know people who apply to 20 or more. The idea is to have a broad range so you can at least get one acceptance, rather than just apply to a few schools and maybe waste a year due to non-acceptance. Also, keep in mind that if you have post-bac/master studies, AADSAS still combines this with your undergrad GPA, so it might come out lower than you'd hope. So don't fall into the trap that because you have 4.0 GPA in grad studies that it will be the only one counted, and as a result, you might apply to schools with higher GPA requirements than your AADSAS calculated GPA, ending in wasting money to those schools who would not have given you a second thought anyway. I am speaking in general terms of course, I don't know your situation, but I thought I'd give a warning to new applicants. I probably wasted money on 4 or 5 applications to schools that I should not have applied to.

i see :) thank you thank you. wow 4000$ is a lot of money phew phew. yea my stats are ok but i just worry interviews may be a problem to me.

AADSAS calculates an undergraduate GPA, a graduate GPA, and a cumulative GPA and lists all three separately. It doesn't just combine everything and spit out one GPA.

Source: I'm a grad student and had a 3.16 undergrad and a 3.9 masters and they showed up separately.

I know you don't have the answer to this. But how often do people get accepted 2 weeks (or even a month) before classes start?

A friend of mine was accepted on the 2nd day of orientation last year!

anyone have insight on WL movement at umd?

Is anyone waitlisted at temple?

Last edited:
I'm wait listed at Baylor. Anyone else?

Has anyone on the Tufts or NYU waitlist heard anything?

A friend of mine, who's cousin at Roseman, said that they are pretty backed up on going through their wait list because they are overhauling their computer system. So they should have more wait list movement coming up. In my interview there they said they have accepted people off the wait list as late ad the week before classes start.

A friend of mine, who's cousin at Roseman, said that they are pretty backed up on going through their wait list because they are overhauling their computer system. So they should have more wait list movement coming up. In my interview there they said they have accepted people off the wait list as late ad the week before classes start.
Thanks for the update. Roseman is one of the schools I am waiting on

Anyone here is wailisted at MWU-AZ... It seems like there is no movement at all. I am getting ridiculously worried... :(

Here is some encouragement for everyone. I met an oral surgeon who didn't get accepted in his first cycle. He's now a millionaire who owns a pair of $3,000 leather boots. Just keep that in mind. Plenty of successful dental professionals don't get accepted in their first application, so it's not worth beating yourself up.

Here is some encouragement for everyone. I met an oral surgeon who didn't get accepted in his first cycle. He's now a millionaire who owns a pair of $3,000 leather boots. Just keep that in mind. Plenty of successful dental professionals don't get accepted in their first application, so it's not worth beating yourself up.

A pair of of $3000 boots?! OMG. :shrug:

What a funny measure of success.

Around how old is he and where does he practice?

A pair of of $3000 boots?! OMG. :shrug:

What a funny measure of success.

I feel the same way. Haha. It's some crazy expensive company that has made boots for actors and presidents. I'm pretty sure it's based in Texas.

The reason I feel like the BIGGEST failure ever is because this is my 2nd time applying.... Been to 7 total interviews and can't believe that I didn't even land 1 acceptance... The school that I am waiting on at the moment is crazy expensive but yet it seems like there is no movement at all. The thread is dead for over a month already.. I don't know what to do? I didn't do any dental related work while I applied because I have been working to 1. Pay my parents back from the loan I took undergrad, and 2. Dental application expenses... So this time around, I got nothing new I can put on my application. The dental cycle is just too long. Waste a year and then find out I am being rejected...

He's probably in his 50s, and he practices in Wisconsin.
I'm so jelly of dentists who finished dental schools long time ago because they have less tuition loan and the economy was better over 10-20 years ago.

I'm so jelly of dentists who finished dental schools long time ago because they have less tuition loan and the economy was better over 10-20 years ago.

For real! Not only that, but they also sell their clinic to newbies for like $500,000!

The reason I feel like the BIGGEST failure ever is because this is my 2nd time applying.... Been to 7 total interviews and can't believe that I didn't even land 1 acceptance... The school that I am waiting on at the moment is crazy expensive but yet it seems like there is no movement at all. The thread is dead for over a month already.. I don't know what to do? I didn't do any dental related work while I applied because I have been working to 1. Pay my parents back from the loan I took undergrad, and 2. Dental application expenses... So this time around, I got nothing new I can put on my application. The dental cycle is just too long. Waste a year and then find out I am being rejected...
PM me, I will help you work on interview skills, since you got 7 interviews, that's what has to be holding you back.

Reactions: 2 users