Dress code for shadowing OD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

watdawaq

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I've never shadowed anyone before and I'm guessing it varies from place to place, but I'd like to hear from people that have experience what the dress code was/setting.

Members don't see this ad.

business casual in my experience =)

Yep, that's what I wore too...business casual.

Members don't see this ad :)
What the hell is "business casual," anyway...? Slacks and a button-down shirt?

I have been shadowing one and slacks and polo have been cool with him. Just wear pants and a button down then ask what he/she prefers after the first day.

i was forced to wear a beekeepers hat and a neon green speedo...was told it was mandatory...

Slacks, Pants and a Tie (man).............honestly its a first impression,you can always dress down if needed, I was wondering the same thing when I was shadowing, I wore nice slacks, button shirt and a tie, I thought I would have been out of place, until I went to the office and found that everyone was wearing the same atire.......I is after all a first impression and some one is inviting you into their domain to watch them so it is good to look nice

i was forced to wear a beekeepers hat and a neon green speedo...was told it was mandatory...

Now that's an office at which I'd like to work. Imagine what happens on Casual Fridays...

Anything presentable that you'll be comfortable with.

im a firm believer in hawaiian shirt fridays

214niat.jpg

I'd go for the unforgettable look. Something that would really make me standout as a candidate :cool:

214niat.jpg

I'd go for the unforgettable look. Something that would really make me standout as a candidate :cool:

NO WAY! You couldn't wear that... all the doctors would be way too turned on to focus on their patients.

Business casual to me, or what i would wear when shadow is a dress shirt and dress pants. It doesnt have to be the ones from a suit but just the casual ones. No need for a tie, blazer, sport coat etc...