Drexel vs Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minion0222

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am having trouble deciding between DUCOM and TUSM and was hoping people could offer some insight on these schools?

Currently I am 50-50 between both of them. I will be OOS. I know the area around Temple is horrible and will definitely have to commute to school, where as the area around DUCOM is more suburban and safer. I got a better vide on interview day from Temple but upon further research have found both schools to be very comparable.

Any insight on things such as clinical exposure, match rate, and anything else would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you! =)

Members don't see this ad.

There was a recent thread about this. I think you should be able to find it if you search for it. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Temple is the better school and it's not even close.
Why do you say that?

I initially got the vibe from Temple that I would get really good clinical training, but have been told that DUCOM trains you well also, and that some people have felt that Temple students lack good patient interaction skills? Idk if this is true, obviously, but just what I heard. And also that Temple Uni Hospital is ranked lower than Hahnemann

Why do you say that?

I initially got the vibe from Temple that I would get really good clinical training, but have been told that DUCOM trains you well also, and that some people have felt that Temple students lack good patient interaction skills? Idk if this is true, obviously, but just what I heard. And also that Temple Uni Hospital is ranked lower than Hahnemann

Drexel is a bad school, unstable hospital system, terribly overcrowded, and poor main teaching hospital. Drexel also has a very bad vibe in regards to medical school application process.

Temple has an excellent hospital system, good resources, great research, fantastic preparation, and amazing teaching hospital.

The choice is clear. Go to Temple and avoid Drexel.

Temple all the way. Just going off the interview at Drexel I was really put off by the place.