Drop Physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mc1459

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello-I'm a junior in Molecular Bio planning on applying to dental schools this summer. One problem, I just had my first Physics 2 exam and I totally bombed because I made so many silly mathematical mistakes. I'd really like to drop this class and take it next year, but can I even do that? I know its a required class but I really do not want to do poorly in a 5 hr course. I have all of the other required courses plus so many more biology classes already done. I know that I should call the schools and such, but I was just wondering if anyone knew off hand.

Members don't see this ad.

mc1459 said:
Hello-I'm a junior in Molecular Bio planning on applying to dental schools this summer. One problem, I just had my first Physics 2 exam and I totally bombed because I made so many silly mathematical mistakes. I'd really like to drop this class and take it next year, but can I even do that? I know its a required class but I really do not want to do poorly in a 5 hr course. I have all of the other required courses plus so many more biology classes already done. I know that I should call the schools and such, but I was just wondering if anyone knew off hand.
I would say to drop that sucker and take it next year while you're applying to dental school. You don't need it for the DAT and you just have to complete the requirement before you matriculate. Im also applying for the 2007 cycle....I did physics 1 last winter and physics 2 last spring (Got an A & A+ respectively and I must say Im glad I got that sucker out of the way).

mc1459 said:

My advice is to drop that sucker quick. Second semester physics almost did me in too.

I would drop it if it's really killing you. I had to drop a class my second semester freshman year and it was the best thing I could have done. I retook it over the summer and ended up getting an A and learning a lot more than if I had just kept struggling. One dropped class is not going to kill you.