Dropping a class senior year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mfrenkie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
** Right now all my secondaries are in. I'm a double major in Human Bio and Genetics, but for my genetics major I have to take this advanced microbiology lab. I HATED the last one and am dredding this one. Will it look bad at the schools I've already applied to if I drop the lab and the genetics major?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So you only need one class for the major, but not taking it? that's insane, how is that going to prepare you for later on in school when all the classes are required? just going to drop out of medschool? I don't want to sound like a little league coach but...don't be a quitter, stick with it, and yes, it probably would look very bad.

I need several classes, but this is the only one that I'd drop. I'm not just considering it because I don't like it - I'm taking 17 credits this semester: Physiology, Biochem, Immunology, Microbial Genetics, Capstone in Human Bio, and this lab, so the time could definitely be better used studying for my other classes. Thank you for your input though