Dropping the same course twice??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

achin328

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am currently taking a Calculus 3 level course and it's totally kicking my butt. I took the class before and dropped it because I couldn't afford another C on my transcript. And currently I'm not doing great, got a 62 on my first exam (class average was a 60) and a 45 on my midterm. I took a C for my Calculus 2 level course because it's probably known to be one of the most stressful classes in my college.

I know 3 levels of calculus is pretty rare for a pre-req in most pharmacy schools and I do plan on retaking it in the summer, which is also when I plan to take my PCATs. Any advice would be helpful :)

Members don't see this ad.

I dropped the same class twice...Genetics...YUCK! The first time was more because of time and location of the class but unfortunately I waited long enough to give me a W on my transcript. The second time was this past summer when I took an incomplete in the class due to illness. I am now making it up this term and hopefully I will actually get through it considering it is the last class I need to graduate! When I applied to school I was worried this would be a red flag and make me look flaky but they never mentioned it and I got in early decision at my school! I think it depends on your school, your other grades, etc. Truthfully...If I look back at my transcripts I also took general bio 2 like three times (one withdrawl, one D and one C) and I still got in...probably because it was almost 5 years ago and in the last 3 years I have gotten straight A's in all my upper division sciences so that probably outweighed my poor grades in intro bio and showed growth and change.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)