Drug charges

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tigueraso23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there with drug charges in their past that have made it this far into medicine??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

You're pre-med. Own up to your past and disclose it. Be humble. If you don't get in, link of a different line of work.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone out there with drug charges in their past that have made it this far into medicine??

Drug charges make it extremely hard to get a DEA license so most places won't take a chance on someone with this background. Once you are already licensed you may have a better shot at staying a doctor after addressing your substance abuse issues though. So "in their past" is the problem.

Drug charges make it extremely hard to get a DEA license so most places won't take a chance on someone with this background. Once you are already licensed you may have a better shot at staying a doctor after addressing your substance abuse issues though. So "in their past" is the problem.
Too variable depending on what is meant by "drug charges." Never been into that myself, but knew my fair share of people from college/med school, a couple of whom got caught.

DEA won't care too much about a 10 year old possession charge. Presumably they'd care a lot more about charges relating to dealing/distribution.