Dual Enrollment Credits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyGoalIsMD

one way to stand out...
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I attended a VERY small private school (5 people graduated with me) -which in turn offered little to no classes to chose from-. I graduated a year early and in order to do so I had to attend community college during the summer after my sophomore year. I took A&P in order to have enough credits to graduate. I took this class before I had taken basic biology and ended up with a 3.0 in the lecture and a 2.0 in the lab. I am concerned whether this will be looked at by medical school admission committees in terms of my GPA. I had not elected to obtain college credit from it, but my undergrad institution required the credits to transfer. This has left me with a 3.75 after my first semester of college. Without these credits, I have a 4.0 (my fall term GPA). Will they include those four credits I received during high school or only look at my courses after HS graduation?

Members don't see this ad.

I attended a VERY small private school (5 people graduated with me) -which in turn offered little to no classes to chose from-. I graduated a year early and in order to do so I had to attend community college during the summer after my sophomore year. I took A&P in order to have enough credits to graduate. I took this class before I had taken basic biology and ended up with a 3.0 in the lecture and a 2.0 in the lab. I am concerned whether this will be looked at by medical school admission committees in terms of my GPA. I had not elected to obtain college credit from it, but my undergrad institution required the credits to transfer. This has left me with a 3.75 after my first semester of college. Without these credits, I have a 4.0 (my fall term GPA). Will they include those four credits I received during high school or only look at my courses after HS graduation?

Everything is included, but as long as you do well in college, it will not matter.