Duke interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LadyBulldog

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so on their website, it says that interview season began sept 15th?.....anyone heard from them, or anyone from last year know how they contact us/schedule interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

LadyBulldog said:
so on their website, it says that interview season began sept 15th?.....anyone heard from them, or anyone from last year know how they contact us/schedule interviews?

I just recently got my secondary

How was your intervu at Hopkins?

medhacker said:
I just recently got my secondary

How was your intervu at Hopkins?

haha..really? They're funny--i think from old threads that they actually send out secondaries in reverse order from when your amcas was completed.

Hopkins was good--it was their first interview day so things seemed a little new/disorganized but overall it was nice. The students i met seemed really cool, but then again, I only got to meet those students who gave the tour and were on the adcom as interviewers. the dean is awesome though...seriously a cool guy.

Members don't see this ad :)
As soon as Duke receives the electronic version of your AMCAS, you are sent an automatic invite to complete a secondary. It all depends on how fast AMCAS gets you application to the admissions office.

Also, remember that admissions here are not rolling and acceptances are all sent at the end of the aplication cycle so you are not at a disadvantage if you get it a little on the later side.

Uncle Izzy said:
As soon as Duke receives the electronic version of your AMCAS, you are sent an automatic invite to complete a secondary. It all depends on how fast AMCAS gets you application to the admissions office.

Also, remember that admissions here are not rolling and acceptances are all sent at the end of the aplication cycle so you are not at a disadvantage if you get it a little on the later side.

Do you know if they wait for paper AMCAS? thanks

medhacker said:
Do you know if they wait for paper AMCAS? thanks

paper AMCAS??? What does that mean? Don't schools just download it?

WhatUpDoc! said:
If I remember reading correctly, the paper version goes out 2 weeks after the electronic and it is more detailed... but, that is if I remember correctly

strange...what's the point of going electronic if it's not paperless?

From my understanding, Duke has been paperless for a few years now. I am not sure if they put the paper version into an archive file, but at this point, the system is essentially paperless with regards to moving applicants through the application process. This now includes LOR.

That's what I thought too, which is why I was surprised to hear about this paper AMCAS thing. I highly doubt Duke waits for any paper...they've been the pioneer of electronic application systems!

well, according to mdapplicants.com, someone's already gotten the interview....common duke! :)

LadyBulldog said:
well, according to mdapplicants.com, someone's already gotten the interview....common duke! :)
The website didn't even show that they had received my LORs until yesterday, even though they should have received them 2 weeks ago. It's funny though, because all of this time it showed that my letters had not been received but my application status was listed as "screening in progress." I wonder if they had actually received my LOR and were indeed screening my application, or if they will not start looking at it until now. Either way, I'm sure it will be weeks before I hear anything. It seems as though they are rather slow to process things, which might speak of the huge volume of applicants they have (as well as the large number of essays they have to sift through!).