Duke Med Peds silence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KillJoy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys.
Duke was my top pick, but I haven't heard a peep from them. I got invites from all "comparable" programs, and most of the top programs. I've e-mailed their PD once and their PC twice and heard absolutely nothing. I am bummed. Is Duke communicating with anyone else? Should I call? It's so late now. Ugh.

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard nothing. I'm not a super competitive applicant (got rejects from Harvard programs and no word from Baylor etc. but did get an invite to UNC and am an in-state resident)
I'd say cool it on trying to contact them and ask everyone you come across on the interview trail if they've heard from them. I haven't been asking specifically but have personally heard no one mention anything about Duke and frequently talk to other applicant about where they've been and where they're going. Maybe they are just late players? They don't need to sweat getting their spots filled.... They're Duke!

Good luck!

I actually haven't heard from Duke, either. I wrote them a note of interest in October (to PC and PD). I think it is the only school I have not heard from at all. I guess they just do invitations and ignore everyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks futureNC...... and congrats on your UNC, that is a great invite to have for sure.

I would gladly trade some of my "top" tier invites for Duke... duke, why won't you love me back! lol.

thanks futureNC...... and congrats on your UNC, that is a great invite to have for sure.

I would gladly trade some of my "top" tier invites for Duke... duke, why won't you love me back! lol.

I feel the same about U of Cincinnati... sent interest letters and all, still nada. And I KNOW they've sent out LOTs of invites (pretty much everyone I've met on the trail has been there or is going). Oh well :-(

Hate to be the bearer of bad news: a friend contacted the program and was told all interview slots are full for this residency application cycle.