dumb question about may 15th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sadame

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
this is probably a dumb question but do our letters of withdrawal have to reach the med schools by may 15th or can it just be post-marked by then or could we just e-mail them on may 14th and follow up with a letter. thanks.

btw, congrats to those that made it and good luck to those still waiting.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's best to send an email withdrawal. At least then, it will get there instantly and when they receive it they will respond so you know they received it.

Why wait? If you've already decided, just send it now.

Members don't see this ad :)
i haven't decided yet. i've narrowed it down to two. UH and NYU. Still can't make up my mind though.

I would email and then send a snail mail, so you can't get into trouble with the one you choose to keep.

The deadline is fast approaching..................

Amy B said:
I would email and then send a snail mail, so you can't get into trouble with the one you choose to keep.

The deadline is fast approaching..................

That's a great idea. You could also fax.

I called one school, told them that I was declining, and then followed up with an e-mail. In most cases, you may not have to waste a stamp. Just check with the school first, and they'll probably make a note on your record and then ask you to send something in writing (e-mail or snail-mail).

Best of luck with your decision.
H&T

Heal&Teach said:
I called one school, told them that I was declining, and then followed up with an e-mail. In most cases, you may not have to waste a stamp. Just check with the school first, and they'll probably make a note on your record and then ask you to send something in writing (e-mail or snail-mail).

Best of luck with your decision.
H&T

Actually that is a better idea. Call and then email!!

It depends on the school. Call them to ask what they prefer because each school does it differently.