Program-Specific Info / Q's D'Youville College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farmerk2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any current students or alum of the OT program at D'Youville?

I got accepted but am very far away. I am wondering if you liked the program/faculty, did you feel prepared for the boards, how big was your class, did you like the area, etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

I was just accepted here as well and I have all the same questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I just got denied from here :( I was wondering what your stats were so I can see what I need to improve upon !

Have you visited D'Youville? Congratulations on being accepted!!
I have not visited because I live about 5 hours away. Every time I have talked to someone on the phone they are extremely sweet which is completely the opposite of every other school I have talked to so that's about all I know about them! Thanks, Congrats on being accepted as well!

For those who got accepted, did you receive an email? Or was the acceptance communicated through a different way?

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted. I recieved my letter in the mail as well this week. I'm coming in from Texas excited and nervous!

Reactions: 1 user
Just wondering if anyone has made a FB group or anything like? And if anyone knows anything about housing in Buffalo?

Just wondering if anyone has made a FB group or anything like? And if anyone knows anything about housing in Buffalo?
Not that I know of, but a Facebook group would be helpful I know nothing about Buffalo haha. I wonder if the office of admissions would have info on housing? I can email them.

Not that I know of, but a Facebook group would be helpful I know nothing about Buffalo haha. I wonder if the office of admissions would have info on housing? I can email them.
That would be so helpful, couldn't hurt having the info ... gotta start looking for roomates haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I was just in your shoes last year and I knew nothing about the school or Buffalo, but I'm doing my first year here and I absolutely love it. The professors here are sweet and caring, and even though this school isn't well known to people outside Buffalo or Western New York, it's really good program. They also had a 100% passing rate last year on the NBCOT, so that's something to be proud of and look forward to. ;)

As for housing, there's Collegiate Village on Eggert that's for college students only AND they provide free shuttle service to and from school. It's only 15 mins away from D'Youville. There's about seven of us in the program with more of our classmates living here next year. So if you don't feel like driving to campus, especially through the snow, check Collegiate Village out!

I hardly go on this thing now that I'm a student, but feel free to message me privately if you have any questions. Take care :)

Last edited:
If you've made a FB group I'd love to join it :]

Hi all! Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I was just in your shoes last year and I knew nothing about the school or Buffalo, but I'm doing my first year here and I absolutely love it. The professors here are sweet and caring, and even though this school isn't well known to people outside Buffalo or Western New York, it's really good program. They also had a 100% passing rate last year on the NBCOT, so that's something to be proud of and look forward to. ;)

As for housing, there's Collegiate Village on Eggert that's for college students only AND they provide free shuttle service to and from school. It's only 15 mins away from D'Youville. There's about seven of us in the program with more of our classmates living here next year. So if you don't feel like driving to campus, especially through the snow, check Collegiate Village out!

I hardly go on this thing now that I'm a student, but feel free to message me privately if you have any questions. Take care :)

Is the area safe? I've looked at a bunch of reviews for CV and they have not been positve at all =\

Just booked my flight/hotel for May 20-22. I'm positive Sue had said orientation will be held on the 21!

If you've made a FB group I'd love to join it :]

Is the area safe? I've looked at a bunch of reviews for CV and they have not been positve at all =\
That's what I read too before moving here but it's a gated community. Within the community it's safe and I never had any problem. Outside the community would be a little sketchy though, but there's not really any reason why you would be out there.

By any chance did anyone receive the financial package they said will be mailed mid-March?

I received it earlier this week as well. I also received the email in my spam about orientation May 21! I think after work I'll make a FB group :]

Reactions: 1 user
Just wondering for those attending from out of state, what are your plans for housing situation?

Hey everyone! I'll be starting at D'Youville in the Fall 2017 for the Physician Assistant program. I am looking for a roommate at Collegiate Village, so message me if you are maybe interested:)